Flares

Should something be done about missiles?

• No, i love effortlessness. Your idea was cool though.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, your idea sucks btw.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, i like a little difficulty in my games and i like your idea.

Votes: 6 85.7%
  • Yes, although i would take a different approach.

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters
May 13, 2017
Mars
In the world of terratech the most utterly broken weapons are missiles, seriously, they can snipe enemies from distances that AI can't detect, one shot unprotected cabs and annihilate any tech lacking a healing bubble, i propose a solution and that is Flares! these would shoot out and distract any missiles that come their way upon spotting a missile or pressing a certain button, you might argue that this will make missiles redundant but it could be implemented in a way that misguided missiles can still crash into your tech, some missiles will not be distracted by these, having a significant cooldown or limited flares, or by making non heat seeking missiles.

Even if you don't like this idea something has to be done about missiles as they make the game incredibly easy, "Need firepower, just attach a few missiles!" this lack of difficulty is what made the game unfun for me,if you try not to use them you'll most likely get pummeled by enemies with missiles, since they don't require aim to be effective, are small and easy to accumulate and do big AoE damage. You could avoid these by using highly explosive weapons, but that proves way too powerful, nearly one shoting most enemies, resulting in the same lack of difficulty, i can get that terratech is not about the difficulty, but almost every game has to have a climb in difficulty.

harpo99999

Ah kick till it starts
Aug 14, 2014
australia
there is a EXPERIMENTAL block that is called a fireworks/flare launcher (has been in experimental since venture was new) that is (if the programmers ever get around to it(can any body supply round to its to the payload programmers????) was claimed to be for distracting targeting/missiles)

Reactions: Soviet_Samuelson

Soviet_Samuelson

On the path to becoming a grand-master idiot
Feb 9, 2018
My box
forum.terratechgame.com
there is a EXPERIMENTAL block that is called a fireworks/flare launcher (has been in experimental since venture was new) that is (if the programmers ever get around to it(can any body supply round to its to the payload programmers????) was claimed to be for distracting targeting/missiles)
Yes, and it also seems very venture to nor be distracted by them, too!

burger1113

Jan 3, 2015
Yeah i think a flare launcher that has a cooldown and a rather high level requirement to produce wouldn't hurt anybody.
Flares look cool too :p
It could be 2 blocks wide or more so having it would mean some kind of sacrifice.

Last edited:
Reactions: Soviet_Samuelson