Flare Gun

Hurt Locker

Feb 8, 2015
Hi guys, here's another idea for a new block however this one will only be of use once the day/night cycle is introduced:

Screen Shot 2015-06-05 at 19.56.15.png

It's a 1x1x2 block and it's sole purpose is to fire red flares into the air for luminance. A great little block for when it's dark and you want to light up your surroundings.
Block could also be positioned horizontally to fire flares at people, but that'd be pretty pointless! :confused:

Thanks for looking.
~Hurt Locker

Azirahael

Jan 8, 2015
One of the listed weapons for Venture is the Flare Launcher.
Described as 'flashy but not too effective.

I imagine it generates a fair bit of light :)

Though i like the idea of a block that automatically fires to light up the area.
I just hope like hell we get a variety of colours. there are some shades my eyes just can't handle well.

also, coloured flares constantly launching into the air sounds a lot like that beacon block we keep hearing about :)

Mottflyer

Mar 8, 2015
Here's my version of the flare gun;
A simple 1x1x1 with angle control.

Azirahael

Jan 8, 2015
I think i like the official one better. it's more "Radical!!!!!!!!"

Note the extra exclamation marks, the sign of an unhealthy mind. Or a marketing exec trying to be cool.

Mottflyer

Mar 8, 2015
I think i like the official one better. it's more "Radical!!!!!!!!"

Note the extra exclamation marks, the sign of an unhealthy mind. Or a marketing exec trying to be cool.

Actually, those are probably the rocket pods.

NihilRex

May 14, 2015
Alabama
The flare beacon should require ammo, perhaps X shots per coal\oil chunk.

That way, if you ignore your beacon, it runs out of ammo eventually

Jamie

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
Sep 16, 2014
London, UK
There will be a fireworks launcher added relatively soon. It's a Kickstarter backer designed block which we're really excited to get in the game.

This looks awesome though! If post-firework launcher, this still has a place - I can get the team to take a look at it! :)

Reactions: Hurt Locker