[FIXED][0.5.18.1] Burglar bug?

Dirk Jenkins

I played through 0.5.18.1 yesterday several times. The first run through for a new game was excellent. I received and was able to complete all quests the first time through. This was on my laptop. I then attempted to repeat this success on my desktop PC. Here's what I noticed.

1) I experienced some of the small oddities that have been in the game for a while like the LiftOff neutral tech not being interactable (is that a word?)? I couldn't select it or interact with it.

2) Some of the quests didn't trigger upon completion like attaching the delivery cannon to the base. I also had the issue where the battery did not spawn. This is documented in other threads so I won't repeat here.

3) The biggest oddity/bug was a new enemy tech named "The Burglar" or something like that. The first time, this little guy (sorry, no screenshot, but it was 4 GSO dirt wheels, a 1x1 block, and the payload terminal) attacked me immediately after assembling the tech from the start of the game. I was destroyed, so I started over (back out to the menu screen, select PLAY, new game). This time, the Burglar was still in the game, and started attacking me while I was assembling my tech the first time. I didn't even have a chance to get the tech on the ground. So at this point, I quit the game fully and restarted.

Other than those 2 encounters, I have not run across this guy in the 8 other games I've started.

It seems that going back to the menu, without quitting the game, still keeps some of the memory or activity from the previous game in tact. This may explain other issues I was having in prior builds in which errors kept occurring in multiple game plays since I didn't always fully quit.

Unfortunately, I had to restart all the other games I started (about 6 of them) due to some stupid thing happening like the shield being destroyed before I picked it up, the battery not spawning, etc. But so far, the major issues from the previous build, such as the base and Trading Post disappearing, have not reoccurred. So I have the first run-through which was good and that is what I'm playing now (transferred save-game) from one PC to the other.

Last edited:

Jamie

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
1) I experienced some of the small oddities that have been in the game for a while like the LiftOff neutral tech not being interactable (is that a word?)? I couldn't select it or interact with it.
Are you sure you're playing TT_Unstable? This should be fixed.

Dirk Jenkins

Yes, this was on TT_Unstable. I get this about 25% of the time on this branch. That being said, I haven't seen it on 0.5.18.2, only on 05.18.1 and prior.