financial question

Brick

I was checking my steam library and saw this game and that it is still being updated. I have it since 2015, its almost next current year and you keep working on it. My question might sound stupid, but... how? Does this game give so much money to keep maintaining it over 5 years and more?

I ask cause this seems like a niche game that not many people would play, yet it somehow maintains several developers (i think you are around 5 or more people?) working on it. I could understand it from a game like Rimworld which is very famous, but Im really confused with this one...

burger1113

Well, I would guess it may be because they don't have a separate publisher like most games do, and they do keep selling copies, especially with the console releases and such.

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
they do keep selling copies, especially with the console releases and such.
Yeah, they explicitly stated that console release was to enable them to continue development and allow/required an dramatically increased number of staff. That's up over 26 now. I can't remember the exact number, currently - several are not listed on the forum at all.

I was also surprised that the financials add up, given 'only' just over 300k sales (around time of launch of 1.0, last year, so probably way more since consoles), given they have a central London office (higher rates and salaries, etc). The game never goes on sale below 40% off, though... Shrug.

Last edited: