Finally! I completed all Steam achievments

Discussion in 'Open' started by cipher, Sep 22, 2018.

1. cipher

cipher Well-Known Member

That Acrobats one took quite a while! Before giving up for the day, my last attempt was doing a helicopter instead of a plane. Much easier to control. :)

[​IMG]

kae, Matt, Django and 8 others like this.
  2. ZeroGravitas

ZeroGravitas Breaker of Games

Which other ones were difficult? And were there any you got accidentally or when you probably shouldn't have?

3. cipher

cipher Well-Known Member

"Aerobatics is Easy" is the only one that took quite a bit of effort, trial and error, and some practice to complete. All of the others were fairly easy for me or just took time to do. Specifically...

Sniped: very easy, just use the right weapon. I think I got this with the biggest GSO cannon, but probably easy with Hawkeye cruise missiles too.

Speed Demon: not hard at all once you've acquired the right blocks. I used F1 wheels and Venture double booster on the Salt Flats.

Flipping Brilliant: I mounted the GeoCorp two-scoop loaders along the front of my current vehicle tech, took off other weapons, then just kept at it until I flipped something. Took about half a dozen tries or so, until I found the right enemy tech that made it easier.

Combat Mechanic: just put a ton of GSO single blocks on the front of my current vehicle tech, and when they fell off, started rapidly re-attaching them.

Falling with Style: almost any flying tech with decent wings will do, just get high enough (10k + altitude is plenty for almost any flying tech). Then fall without using any thrust while still keeping the nose up enough to move forward.

David vs Goliath: not sure when I got them, but it was during regular progression. It was probably during an invasion, which are way too easy if you have long range weapons and keep your distance.

Another World: just kept moving in one direction until I found something interesting. :)

Whack-a-Troll: started a new campaign game, and killed the troll within about 8 or 9 minutes. Putting on faster wheels ASAP helps travel time between consecutive quests. Was way too easy. I think this should be set to 10 minutes instead so that you'd have to try again if you weren't fast enough.

Factorius!: I did this the hard way at end game for campaign mode by crafting components one at a time. Now I have a better manufacturing setup with 7 component factories. I think it's possible to one-click manufacture with 4 factories, but 7 is the most efficient in terms of time (3 basic, 2 advanced, 1 complex, and 1 exotic. I tried 21 factories to do all three exotic components at one time, but the game never utilizes them. It seems it can only handle 7 at a time max. Is that your finding as well? As for resources, it's a total of 7 for three of them and 5 for two of them to craft one payload terminal. So four payload terminals would be maximum of 21 Celestian, Ignian, & Erudian, and 15 Olastic & Carbius. I had one 4-pack GSO silo for each resource before starting and figured that would be plenty, which it was.

Show me the Monies: placing autominers (I created my own 4-autominer techs to use) really speeds this up. Considering how much you can make from mining, I think the autominers are under-priced when purchasing them.

#3 cipher, Sep 23, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2018
    Greg and ZeroGravitas like this.
  4. Nightblade Greyswandir

Nightblade Greyswandir Nothing is good enough!

Try more than 7 but with different corporation factories. It seam to me it works with 7 per corporation, not 7 overall.

5. ZeroGravitas

Oh wow, @cipher, I didn't expect such a full detailed response, nice.:)

I've not looked hard at what goes on with this, yet. I'm wondering if all your Component Factories with Exotic Dongles got allocated to build the sub-components for the first Exotic Component in the recipe...? AI not being smart enough to leave aside a CF that it *could* use for the first chain (it doesn't think ahead, just schedules sequentially).

Or did you have all the dongles on all the CFs...? I might take a look some time.

By "Factories" you mean Fabricators, of course (not Component Factories). What's the language used in the Russian translation (and others), out of interest? Does it confuse crafting even further?

Anyway, is it just that if you make blocks with the same components in, the first/highest priority Fabricator will simply steal all the components from the other Fabricator(s)? So the trick is to make things with different ingredients, if you want to do parallel Fabrication on the same line.

cipher likes this.
  6. Nightblade Greyswandir

Nightblade Greyswandir Nothing is good enough!

I assume they use Russian language in Russian translation :) LOL
    I play my games in English so I do not know what is used in other translations... and yes I meant fabricators... just that it is monday morning and my brain is still on weekend.

ZeroGravitas likes this.
  7. cipher

cipher Well-Known Member

GSO is the only manufacturer of component factories, so I assume you meant fabricators, in which case that would defeat the purpose of crafting one item that needs 21 component factory uses.
    Yeah, not sure either. I've tried multiple configurations with 21 component factories on the same conveyor belt loop with access to all of the resources they need (and more) on silos attached to the loop. The fabricator always utilizes the first 7 and nothing more.

I tested it with each set of 7 having 3 basic, 2 advanced, 1 complex, and 1 exotic. I think I tested it with all 21 having all three dongles to make any component, but I will have to retest to be sure.

8. ZeroGravitas

Ah, yeah, loops are problematic once you go past 6-7 Component Factories - lag and more limited number of crafting parts able to be controlled. I'd try a linear setup (with the exotic dongles all at the Fabricator end, to start with).

cipher likes this.
  9. ZeroGravitas

I did some quick testing with an extended Perhonen setup and found that there's a cut-off point at 17 Component Factories. Up to this point it will schedule all 3 exotic components (of a Payload Terminal) at the same time. Beyond it only (i.e. 18 CFs up), it will only schedule 1 Exotic component.

[​IMG]

For closer look:
    2018-09-25 CF spam testing - 17 max for multi-Exotic scheduling.jpg

I guess there's a depth-first component to the crafting network analysis, so when it runs out of time for enumerating the possibilities (e.g. that little game hang times out), it clips off the parallel production options...(?)

Attached Files:

cipher likes this.
  10. cipher

cipher Well-Known Member

Interesting. Thanks for testing all of that! Indeed, whenever I hit that craft button with a large component factory line (7+) my client hangs for a second or two. And mine was in a loop, so perhaps that's why it never utilized more than 7. It looks like in a straight line it utilizes much more, but not all 21 possible.

So for recipes that require 3 exotic components...

With 7 component factories, it will process one exotic for each run, taking 3 runs obviously. And in your tests, you're saying at 14 it will do two exotics at once, then one more run for the last exotic? And that's the same for up to 17. At 18 and beyond for component factory count it bugs out?

I noticed that you have them on both sides of the convey belt line. Have you tested 21 component factories in a straight line on just one side of the conveyor belts? That would be 63 blocks long, so it's still within the 64 block limit of each dimension for techs. You'd have to turn the conveyor belt line at 90 degrees to add the resource supply silos and fabricator.

11. ZeroGravitas

Yes. Although there's overlap between them. You can see for yourself with my save, above. (Adding/removing CFs from the beginning of the line is easiest. Remembering to re-attach Fabricator.)
    Yes, in this setup. I doubt that's universal - other crafting blocks can limit the conveyor call distance too, etc, in a fairly messy way (see this thread).
    I haven't, so not sure. Let us know if it changes. It might be possible due to reducing the number of route permutations, if there's no up-stream routes from CFs on the left.

Sorry to hijack your thread - feel free to talk about achievements, too, other people.:)

cipher likes this.
  12. cipher

cipher Well-Known Member

I'll have to play around with the concept as well. Seems like there has to be a way to make it work to do the crafting of a 3-exotic block in one pass. If not we'll just chalk it up to a current limitation.

And no worries on the hijacking. Good discussion/sharing regardless. :)