Filter pulling spoken for items.

AstraTheDragon

A dapper dragon
I'm afraid I don't really see why the removal of this behaviour would be useful, but I know it to be useful as-is. Maybe if you made an argument for why you would like it removed I might understand better? It just seems a bit pointless to me ¯\_('-')_/¯

Epb7304

Exploring Better Future
I'm afraid I don't really see why the removal of this behavior would be useful, but I know it to be useful as-is. Maybe if you made an argument for why you would like it removed I might understand better? It just seems a bit pointless to me ¯\_('-')_/¯
I don't know if I just have not explored enough... but what is the benefit of a filter to do this in the first place?

AstraTheDragon

A dapper dragon
I'm sure some of the base master-builders like ZeroGravitas have more ideas, but it can be used as a toggleable crafting abortion failsafe and also for calling resources stored in silos where a filter directly from the silo would be not possible.

-=ROOSTER=-

Complete Idiot
Ideally you want your resources to be sorted via filters and then stored separately in their own silos, and the fabricators then drawing from the silos. Making that change would mean that resources would fail to be sorted if a fabricator was active.

Captain Load

If crafting actually mattered it would be nice if fabricators had a radial menu option to override filters.

-=ROOSTER=-

Complete Idiot
Crafting does matter. In fact it's actually the biggest advantage you have in game progression. It's the only way to get items a level above what you are able to buy with your current license. You can get things from random enemy drops, but they are just that- random. If a part doing it's job is a problem, then just remove it. If you only need it to work sometimes, then your process is flawed, not the part. Just re-think the order of what you are trying to do. There are plenty of ways in place already to get around the problem and many people here that would be more than happy to help sort it out.

Captain Load

Crafting does matter. In fact it's actually the biggest advantage you have in game progression. It's the only way to get items a level above what you are able to buy with your current license. You can get things from random enemy drops, but they are just that- random. If a part doing it's job is a problem, then just remove it. If you only need it to work sometimes, then your process is flawed, not the part. Just re-think the order of what you are trying to do. There are plenty of ways in place already to get around the problem and many people here that would be more than happy to help sort it out.
Crafting hasn't allowed you to make blocks that haven't been unlocked yet for a couple of years now.

harpo99999

Ah kick till it starts
in my latest campaign game (in the 1.3.1.* versions) I was able to craft the l1 parts from venture WITHOUT a venture license, and as I increased the venture license level I could craft the blocks one level above my license level

Captain Load

in my latest campaign game (in the 1.3.1.* versions) I was able to craft the l1 parts from venture WITHOUT a venture license, and as I increased the venture license level I could craft the blocks one level above my license level
How did you do that w/o a Venture fabricator?

Captain Load

I had collected a venture fab from an invader, so of course I will use it in my fab/sell base
See, this is what I don't get: I always get fabricators before I can buy them but every single block they make is locked out unless I can already buy it (either at TS or via mobile termiinal). For a long time i thought it was a bug. Now people are saying they can build stuff before its unlocked for sale but I've not seen a single example of this in campaign. This is particularly frustrating because I've actually suggested being able to craft things of one tier higher than your corp progression :confused:

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
I always get fabricators before I can buy them but every single block they make is locked out unless I can already buy it
If you could give a screenshot of this and/or upload your campaign save in this state, that would indeed be a bug report.:)

I've actually suggested being able to craft things of one tier higher than your corp progression
It was always supposed to be that way, but was bugged and no one realised for a very long time. This was actually fixed with the 1.0 patch, exactly 1 year ago, as it happens.

Captain Load

If you could give a screenshot of this and/or upload your campaign save in this state, that would indeed be a bug report.:)

It was always supposed to be that way, but was bugged and no one realised for a very long time. This was actually fixed with the 1.0 patch, exactly 1 year ago, as it happens.
Well, I'll just have to start a new game and get some pics. Honestly, I shouldn't be surprised..I see bugs and other issues that none of my friends do. I can't even play DayZ because my left-click mouse mapping no longer works. There are probably five online games I've had to give up on because of this madness and untold numbers of SP ones. Searching forums almost never turns up someone else having the same problems.

UPDATE: I've made a discovery. Whenever you obtain a block from a downed tech or captured base it unlocks it for fabrication (and presumably for purchase). I did multiple reloads to test it and its consistent. So either obtaining a block by any means unlocks it or when you reach a partial license advancement (I call them "tiers") it starts seeding techs that include those newly unlocked blocks. I think its the first situation because I've checked my fabricators before getting a new block from a tech and it wasn't there before I defeated the block holder. However, that particular tech could always have been the XP needed to advance a tier.

Last edited: