Farming blocks

warbrand2

A merc who loves blowing up large targets.
Jun 16, 2020
Here is an idea for direct money earn the ability to make a farming hub that produces wheat, soy, rice, or melons refines them and ships them up for money.

This idea would use the current autominer system, but instead of an anchored mine that requires a fixed location, you build greenhouses that only work on anchored techs but do not need to be anchored themselves.

Unlike materials Food can't be used for crafting and is just an income source, though processers can be made to make better food (just a refinery)

BLOCKS

GSO food production greenhouse
info: a 3x3x3 block with a conveyor output, produces wheat which can be refined to bread. wheat sells for 5 BB each, bread sells for 30 BB each. PRoduces on bail of wheat every 30 seconds.

GEO F.P.G.

info: a 4x4x4 block with 1 conveyor output Produces Soy blocks which can be refined into Tofu. Soy sells for 15 BB each, and Tofu sells for 100. produces on barrel of soy every 45 seconds.

Venture F.P.G.

info: a 2x2x2 block that produces rice, rice sells for 10 BB and can not be refined, can be made while mobile.

GEO Melon farm

info: unique in the fact it requires a geothermal vent to work (water and humidity) this 6x6x6 block produces melons which sell for 50 BB each and refine to sell for 150 BB each. these are square melons and have a unique trait you can buy cosmetic ones that are one block in size.

Refined Melons become melon juice cubes which are of high value.

====================

Reactions: totally anonymous

warbrand2

A merc who loves blowing up large targets.
Jun 16, 2020
I actually like this idea of not just mining for resources, but also producing food products. It could also be like crafting components, crafting them into food would make more money than just normally selling the resources.
Yeah one of the over all ideas, was to have a crafting system similar to the material crafting make more complex things to sell for more. Like make a thing of apple pies for 2,000 BB if you have the right things set up for a base.

Geocorp Jumper

May 24, 2016
Hold up! I thought this was a physics simulator, not restaurant tycoon!

On a more serious note, I definitely like the idea of making more money in TT. To be quite honest, though, the game already has everything to make some serious bucks (exotic components, namely). The problem? The crafting system is messy. It’s well near impossible to set up anything that takes all the resources you harvest, upgrades and fabs them to their highest tier component, and then sells them for max profit, and all this automatically (if anyone has actually made this, please send me a snapshot and I will be eternally grateful).

If the devs turned their attention to crafting and optimized the system, we could make bank without actually adding anything to TerraTech.