Factory Tester needed.

Bazzietuk

Okay finally managed to get my stacked factories working using shared plugins (1 set for 2 factories).

Thanks to ZeroGravitas for helping me understand the conveyor system and how it all works and for his tutorials explaining the crafting system better than the game does with it's tutorials in game.

All the corps manage to make payload terminals but there are a lot of repeat parts left over after building them. It's not an ideal solution to fabricating parts but it was only ever designed to attempt stacking factories into small areas and still haviing them work so it's just a proof of concept and ideas really not for practicaly purposes. I'm sure someone could use the ideas to build something better which your welcome to do just please reference (and tag me) in any builds using the idea. Enjoy and comments welcome as always.

My vert fab plant 4t.png

The image below takes away a set of factories to show how they stack with the components between the two allowing each factory access to all levels of components.

1572214642846.png

Zonko

Yeah. I built one like that a while back.
Gave it up for one simple reason: No idea how much stuff is available.

Bazzietuk

What do you mean no idea how much stuff is available? Like all tech it can have parts removed in the R&D department or sandbox mode to make it less demanding on higher license parts (Hawkeye or BF parts) without compromising the build. All other components are generic really and can be replaced with Venture or GSO or Geocorp parts instead.

Also the vertical build take up a smaller footprint in a base if your building other things around it, there's no shields on the last build as it was just a proof of concept on the stacked factory idea I had when I started designing the factory side of the game. Like I said it's not practical for me s it returns too much to the part silo and remakes those parts which is not really ideal. It's just to see what can be done in game and still make the items usable. I was wondering if it's possible to build the fabricators in a horizontal orientation then position the cab in a different orientation to then flip them so they're vertical instead and have them still able to make parts. You can only rotate the fabricators horizontally for some reason which I think is a bit silly so I'm wondering if there's a workaround to alter that.

Zonko

IF you have a big overlapping stack of silos, you have no clue as to how much of each resource you have left.
Try it.
Fill it up completey. then buold something. Then estimate how much of each resource you have left.

Bazzietuk

I know that but it's never been the point of a stacked silo system when I've built them, it's about compacting everything into a small area but incorporating all necessary tech to fabricate parts. Like I said they don't serve a very useful purpose it's just an experiment on my behalf I decided to share with others and at first asked for help to troubleshoot why they wouldn't work how I wanted them to. Now I know things are possible then they can be built upon or improved upon. My first experiment was a vertical layout factory plant with each material on it's own pad and two pads per material which caused loads of problems with slowdown animating each material piece etc, also the length of the conveyors to transport them etc so it wasn't ideal that's why I decided to shorten everything into a smaller area.

Bazzietuk

Okay another base tech, decided I wanted a mobile one with Factories, Fabricators, Scrappers, Refineries etc on it. No weapons, repair or shield bubbles or batteries right now. It's been tested to create Payload terminals from all the corporations which it makes perfectly fine. The only problem is a massive FPS drop and for some reason I can't understand the verticle silo's which have worked fine on the other builds just don't seem to work correctly on wheeled vehicles even when anchored. I'm not sure if it's because of the Better Future anchor or not or if there's some other cause but some of the materials fall off the stack if they hit each other then end up being collected and going on the conveyors to the stack again and sometimes knocking other ones off. It's a strange issue. So if anyone feels like troubleshooting this build I'd be grateful, a mobile base/fab plant is useful in the campaign mode to follow the resource seams.

Attachments