Should the AI commands be corporation-specific? If so, do you agree with what I state below?

• No, I don't think there should be corporation-specific purposes.

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Yes, and I agree with all of the given purposes.

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Yes, but I disagree with on of the given purposes.*

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Yes, but I disagree with two of the given purposes.*

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, but I disagree with three of the given purposes*

• Yes, but I disagree with the given purposes.

• Total voters

Monkany

Feb 25, 2017
From what I've noticed, there due to reworking of the AI GUI, there's a lacking in diversity for AI types. All four corporations have different AI blocks, yes, but they all function the exact same. So, this is what I propose for future AI development:
GSO: Due to GSO being the most basic, perhaps the follow option would be appropriate for GSO.

GeoCorp: Since GeoCorp is mining based, it'd only make sense that they have the harvest option.

Venture: I really don't know what Venture could be used for. Maybe if Payload Studios were to make a full map and exploration option, maybe it could be used to explore. Or, it could possibly roam around and mark resources, maybe to aid the GeoCorp AI?

Hawkeye: Considering the militaristic style of Hawkeye, perhaps a patrol option would be appropriate for this AI. Perhaps a minimap of perhaps 1km that allows you to select points in which the AI will travel, in that order.

Anyways, what does everyone else think about this?

*For these answers, if you disagree with any of the purposes, but not all, please state which ones you disagree with.

Zed

Dec 23, 2016
Venture: I really don't know what Venture could be used for. Maybe if Payload Studios were to make a full map and exploration option, maybe it could be used to explore. Or, it could possibly roam around and mark resources, maybe to aid the GeoCorp AI?
This is the one with which I disagreed @Monkany ; unless a reviewable World Map is introduced an AI which endlessly scouts would be of little use to the player. Otherwise the AI's as described nicely fit the presumed niches of each Corporation.

Monkany

Feb 25, 2017
This is the one with which I disagreed @Monkany ; unless a reviewable World Map is introduced an AI which endlessly scouts would be of little use to the player. Otherwise the AI's as described nicely fit the presumed niches of each Corporation.
I honestly just improvised on that idea. Although, it wouldn't be completely useless, because my general idea was to have the AI possibly mark it with a symbol on the HUD. And, as said before, the use in conjunction with the harvester AI to help find different resources (as in they could go their separate ways, and the Venture AI could mark resources for the harvester AI to go to). Though, I respect your opinion, as I do everyone else's on this thread.

Reactions: Zed

ilikegoodfood

Oct 9, 2014
United Kingdom
...unless a reviewable World Map is introduced an AI which endlessly scouts would be of little use to the player.
It has been confirmed that a review-able world map is already in the works. It was mentioned on a live-stream a few weeks back. We don't yet know when that will be.

...(as in they could go their separate ways, and the Venture AI could mark resources for the harvester AI to go to).
Presumably, a Venture Tech would need a resource radar to mark resources on the map, which would mean adding a heavy GEOcorp block. Not a big deal but it sets a minimum size/weight.

It is also possible that the Venture Scout+ may be able to log or even open delivery crates for us, although that may be for Scavenger+. They could also possibly mark enemy bases, invaders, Payload Terminals and Artifacts.
If wrecks get added as an occasional spawning entity, then they could be used to find those for the Scavenger AIs too.

Since Wrecks, Delivery Crates and enemy bases all re-spawn, it may not even have to go out forever. It may be more useful to have it patrolling the areas around the base finding these renewable resources for us.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zed