Fabricators shouldn't prevent refining of other ores

john10112

2019-06-11 (10).png

If you look in the image above, when I go to fabricate something, the refinery will only accept those ores being used. When the ores are refined, it should go to the fabricator.

However, this does not account for other ores. I couldn't dump a bunch of freshly mined ores into the base and have the ores not being used by the fabricator to be refined and then sold. What really happens is the unused ores would just be stuck on the conveyor belt before the refinery and be unable to pass through. The thing is, this effects every refinery. I couldn't place another refinery before or after the one above to refine the ores not being used.

This seems like a unintentional feature, and it highly annoying. Basically, I can't have a base refine and fabricate ores at the same time if the ores being refined are different from the ones being used. Their is no way to create a filter like system to filter out blocks I need to fabricate while also refining them. That could all be fixed by changing this one feature.

What about raw materials

I also don't think fabricators should work with raw materials. They should change the crafting recipes or just remove those items from the fabricators. All of the raw material items are so cheap that even early game they are not used by the time you even get a fabricator.

Last edited:

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
Yeah.:) (Auto)crafting is a mess in general. It's such a can of worms that the devs are still not touching any of its bugs or idiosyncrasies at all. I'm guessing they want to totally overhaul it (again), some time. But for now it makes more sense (even from a player's perspecive) for them to focus on shiny new content and expending to new platforms to expand the team, I guess.

It's probably only worth reporting brand new crafting bugs, here, until the situation changes...:(

Mr-Vagabond

I quite see the thing, but you can have the thing working the way you are describing it, you just need to prolonge your convyor belt to another refinery placed near your delivery canon, the needed ore will be reffined and used to craft, the remening one will continue to the next refinery to be sold

terratech image base.png

Last edited:

john10112

I quite see the thing, but you can have the thing working the way you are describing it, you just need to prolonge your convyor belt to another refinery placed near your delivery canon, the needed ore will be reffined and used to craft, the remening one will continue to the next refinery to be sold

View attachment 27636
Already tried it, it still seems to prevent it. It effects all refineries.

Mr-Vagabond

It fonctioned perfectly for me when i tried it tought ?

The ressource that the fabricator needed were reffined and used, and the other ressource were going to the second refinery to be sold.