Fabricator not making cruise missiles

Discussion in 'Community Help, Questions and Guides' started by EATZYOWAFFLEZ, Jun 14, 2018 at 12:05 AM.

1. EATZYOWAFFLEZ

EATZYOWAFFLEZ New Member

I just built a new factory with 6 component factories (each of them has all three dongles) and when I try to make Hawkeye cruise missiles the component factories will not make the 2 Seed AI needed. I have all the materials needed ,and other recipes that need Seed AI work.

ZeroGravitas likes this.
  2. Khaine

Khaine Member

Without a screenshot or a save game it's hard to say what's wrong. If you can normally make Seed AIs without a problem but can't make the second seed AI I would suspect a resource shortage or a conveyor accidentally going the wrong way.

I'd tell you to "debug" by manually telling each component factory what to do, but you need 7 factories for that. I suggest taking out a few level 3 dongles, sometimes the system gets confused with too much dongle-ness.

3. EATZYOWAFFLEZ

EATZYOWAFFLEZ New Member

ZeroGravitas likes this.
  4. Khaine

Khaine Member

Looks kinda confusing to me, like the conveyor for the component factories is being fed from a single 1x1 silo? Need to see that area better

5. EATZYOWAFFLEZ

EATZYOWAFFLEZ New Member

ZeroGravitas likes this.
  6. Khaine

Khaine Member

I can't see anything obviously wrong with it. I use 7 component factories to make seed AI, but if you say you can make them ok with 6.. I'm stumped.

7. ifnotthe2nd

ifnotthe2nd Member

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018 at 3:12 AM
    Chintithpit and ZeroGravitas like this.
  8. QuackDuck

QuackDuck Duck

Avoid having all 3 dongles on a component factory, this can cause weirdness. Instead, have them in increasing order: no dongle>advanced>complex>exotic

ZeroGravitas likes this.
  9. ZeroGravitas

ZeroGravitas Breaker of Games

Bingo! Fabricator must 'see' a Refinery's output on it's conveyor to schedule up Exotic Components (original bug report).

4 Component Factories will work, at minimum for any block type. Depending on their layout and very specific dongle attachment order, somewhat as @QuackDuck says. Generally it seems less sensitive to placement if you throw more Component Factories at crafting (but too many, or loops, and you hit other problems).

@Khaine - maybe check through my Crafting Guide, or link it for people with problems. Yes, there's a lot there, but it covers nearly all eventualities and the majority of crafting problems that players report here and on the Steam forum are already known.

Chintithpit likes this.
  10. Twigjack

Twigjack Member

11. EATZYOWAFFLEZ

EATZYOWAFFLEZ New Member

Put a refinery on the conveyor and took off some dongles and it works! I think that's a weird glitch with the refinery, but at least it tells me what resource I need.

ZeroGravitas and ifnotthe2nd like this.