Extra Building Blocks

Should we get extra building blocks? (read below before making your choice)

• Total voters

garr890354839

Nov 1, 2019
TL;DR: I want more building blocks.

Better Future and Hawkeye sloped blocks are fine as-is but are missing a lot.

For starters, the box design pieces are missing a 2-face blank block (two faces on opposite sides, like the RR Armored One block), a 3-face blank block (the blank faces form a U instead of each blank face sharing a corner), two 4-face blank blocks (two intersecting U's and an O-shape) and a 5-face blank block (you get the idea). The Fillet block (block with the AP through the face) could be replaced with many other variants to complete the set.

The curved blocks are really where BF is lacking. What we have is great for making long, flat, or tall techs with the single block outer corner and dual inner corner. It is missing a triple inner corner (3 faces where it lines up with curved blocks), a triple corner with a flat face and two curved faces that line up with the curved edge block. Also, an outer corner for every edge. Also, a converter from x-to-y block long sides without corners. For Air Rigs, there needs to be another extender for the other side. Also, I would like an Air rig-like corner for each of the extended corners. The Inverted corner also needs some more blocks, including one that goes on a corner of two of them. Air rigs also need a block to cover the hole without needing to fill the air rig, ideally with a corner and edge piece for.

Also, and this is probably just for people who would use them for the looks, 6 new variants of each non-air rig curved edge piece: ones where some of the AP-owning sides are replaced with flat edges. There is also a way where you could use slanted sides and corners and combine those with all the above with their own individual corners. Also, a half-circle block and spike block would be cool for the aesthetic and a dome/pyramid for weapons, and other variants. These could include corners for the half-circle set, and also could be used for spikes/blob-looking techs.

For the face blank blocks, one is good, more is better. An extra 2, 3, 4, and 5-block variant with the black line in it would then be useful for building.

For hawkeye, just some of the outer corners for the other Wrap armor pieces, as well as some more Split Fort pieces with 2-3 long, 2-4 long, 3-3 long, 3-4 long, and 4-4 long, and some more Spike block (2-2, 2-3, 2-4, 3-3, 3-4, and 4-4 where x-y is x-long to y-long). Also could use some more inside corners (like Better Future above).

I know this is a lot of things, and I won't mind if some of these get overlooked. That is a bunch of blocks, including blocks that have a left-and-right variant, so you are looking at a minimum of 80 extra blocks. I would like to hear your input, so comment below. I have also set up a poll if you don't want to comment on them or want to remain anonymous. However, this will open the door for some very good and clean Better Future techs and some cleaner-looking Hawkeye Techs.

Last edited:

Helios

Also known as He Who Forgets Passwords
Apr 7, 2020
More options are always good.

And please please PLEASE give us some larger BF "Blank Blocks"! On larger techs I'm literally using more than a thousand "One Face Blank Blocks" just to complete the smooth-surface aesthetic of BF. We could cut that number down to just a few dozen if there is something like "One Face Blank Six Block".

Also, personally I would like to see more AP-less smooth blocks for other factions as well. Something like thin armor plates to cover the APs will also do.

Attachments

Last edited:

garr890354839

Nov 1, 2019
More options are always good.

And please please PLEASE give us some larger BF "Blank Blocks"! On larger techs, I'm literally using more than a thousand "One Face Blank Blocks" just to complete the smooth-surface aesthetic of BF. We could cut that number down to just a few dozen if there is something like "One Face Blank Six Block".

Also, personally I would like to see more AP-less smooth blocks for other factions as well.
If you have the R+D (which I see you have) you can use the EXP Platform. That same size in the BF Blank block would be amazing because it would make the building process so much faster.

Helios

Also known as He Who Forgets Passwords
Apr 7, 2020
If you have the R+D (which I see you have) you can use the EXP Platform. That same size in the BF Blank block would be amazing because it would make the building process so much faster.
Indeed I considered that before, sadly the result is less than satisfactory. The RR one had pattern on it yet the BF one does not. Their color, although both white, are of different hue. And it can only be used on 4x4 sized surfaces, if every 4x4 sized surface is replaced by RR Platform it would look like patchwork, which is not the aesthetic I'm going for.

Speak of which, I actually made (or rather, still making) an airborne aircraft carrier thing, almost entirely from RR Platform/Ramp series of blocks. Probably not the intended use, as its lack of variety gave me no end of trouble, hence the slow progress. For example, the RR One Blocks and Two by Two Blocks share the same color with the Platform, but not the shape/edge nor pattern/AP-less smooth surface. So the transition between those blocks looks rather sharp, forcing me to find ways to cover them up if I had to use those blocks.

Attachments

Reactions: Luracasmus

garr890354839

Nov 1, 2019
Indeed I considered that before, sadly the result is less than satisfactory. The RR one had a pattern on it yet the BF one does not. Their color, although both white, are of a different hue. And it can only be used on 4x4 sized surfaces, if every 4x4 sized surface is replaced by RR Platform it would look like patchwork, which is not the aesthetic I'm going for.

Speak of which, I actually made (or rather, still making) an airborne aircraft carrier thing, almost entirely from RR Platform/Ramp series of blocks. Probably not the intended use, as its lack of variety gave me no end of trouble, hence the slow progress. For example, the RR One Blocks and Two by Two Blocks share the same color with the Platform, but not the shape/edge nor pattern/AP-less smooth surface. So the transition between those blocks looks rather sharp, forcing me to find ways to cover them up if I had to use those blocks.
Yeah, that is what I thought. It is not great but is a serviceable option.

So what your asking is more decoration freedom?
In a nutshell, yes. I know I would use them.

Reactions: Luracasmus

Scorch5000

Jul 7, 2020
Maybe BF armor plates that we can put over other corp blocks that gives the clean white look.