Extended enemy locking

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by WhitePaw2002, Feb 13, 2018.

1. WhitePaw2002

WhitePaw2002 Modding Husky

Basically just keep the target targeted while out of range, but have weapons respond normally or target closest in-range enemy to out-of-range target. Possibly set as option.

Helpful for MP plane fights (dog fights?), as targeting is usually lost while fighting in-air.

2. streak1

streak1 Well-Known Member Streak1 Old Banners

The problem with that is that weapons have a lot of range. If you angle them right, they can shoot really, really far, some of them out of the render distance. The limiting factor for most of them is the targeting range, not the power of the gun itself.

If you were to extend that locking range (which you may or may not be able to do with fancy hidden stuff), you'd end up being able to shoot enemies from the other side of mountains and stuff. It's a bit OP.

3. QuackDuck

QuackDuck Duck

I think what WhitePaw wants is this:

You target an enemy in range. Your guns aim normally. The enemy then moves out of range. The guns return to default position, but the enemy is still targeted, so the camera remains fixed to them. Another enemy moves into range of you. Your guns aim at them. The targeted enemy then moves back into range. Your guns switch targets and aim at the targeted enemy, who is now in range.

This is my interpretation.

4. WhitePaw2002

WhitePaw2002 Modding Husky

Yes. That.

Lord Zarnox likes this.
  5. Sozin

Sozin Well-Known Member

Personally I’d like unlimited targeting back, but if you target someone they immediately become active and start attacking you

harpo99999 likes this.