Explosive Bolts Techs - We Need Your Help!

-=ROOSTER=-

Complete Idiot
Well, I just had the idea while looking at the gif and it seemed easier to show you than to explain. I do like the builds of yours that I have seen so far, they are very unique.
"ZG 8xLotsa Static" - (unimaginative name, I know) is a big "T" shaped, unsorted crafting base, with dual Fabrication lines and 6 scrappers to (fairly quickly) break down the resource blocks attached by explosive bolts.

Trigger on load-in
. Intended as a "capture the base" mission tech.

View attachment 23578
If the Pope built a tech, I think that's how it would look :D

Seth_Seth

Website
forum.terratechgame.com

NotExactlyHero

FORUM DEFENDER
Website
www.khanacademy.org
I did, but probably forgot when building and posting...

I'll look now.
Clearly using GSO Grade 5 Items. Unacceptable!
The devs are also asking for level 4 parts only (as well as GSO only). So no missiles, megatons, large armour plates. Sorry. (I guess they don't want to risk making the game too hard... ;))
YOU HAVE ALREADY BEEN WARNED!!!

Nocallia

Administrator
Resource Horde: A Grade 3 tech that has a lot of resource storage. Has a group of small collector techs attached to them.
Resource Horde.png

Powerbox: If you don't want this in the game, I know why. This is literally a giant brick of batteries that have a bunch of charger techs attached to them.
Powerbox.png

Well, there are the techs. IDK why I made half of them.

JimmyBlether

A Kerbal Demon
Website
tinyurl.com
I did, but probably forgot when building and posting...

I'll look now.
Clearly using GSO Grade 5 Items. Unacceptable!

YOU HAVE ALREADY BEEN WARNED!!!
I was referring to why they only said pure GSO. I know I says only GSO, but at the point that these techs pop up, you'll have pretty powerful, multicorp stuff.

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
"Crafting Bugs" - To make the player say: "Why's there a crafting base over there?... Arrrgh!"

Trigger: when player is within 50m (i.e. close), or it takes damage. Snapshot:

ZG Crafting Bugs 1t.png

It's a 2 turret, 6 mobile tech, surprise.

Maybe usable as a cheeky "Capture the base" mission tech too, that deploys after you win the mission (or if you're dumb enough to shoot it - like me).

It seems pretty much impossible for me to successfully load it in anchored - seems like the same issue with all techs with multiple anchors. I don't know if enemy spawning works differently...?

So I made a version with a single anchor, instead. But it's a bit dissapointing because the whole base will rotate slowly to point at the play, etc. Even though it has no weapons to fire, i feel like that would give the game away...

Alternative snapshot, if the main one won't spawn correctly:
ZG Crafting Bugs 1u.png

Last edited:

-=ROOSTER=-

Complete Idiot
"Crafting Bugs" - To make the player say: "Why's there a crafting base over there?... Arrrgh!"

View attachment 23615

Maybe usable as a cheeky "Capture the base" mission tech too, that deploys after you win the mission (or if you're dumb enough to shoot it - like me).

It seems pretty much impossible for me to successfully load it in anchored - seems like the same issue with all techs with multiple anchors. I don't know if enemy spawning works differently...?

So I made a version with a single anchor, instead. But it's a bit dissapointing because the whole base will rotate slowly to point at the play, etc. Even though it has no weapons to fire, i feel like that would give the game away...

View attachment 23616
If I could, I would shake your hand and buy you a pint right now, because this thing's OVER as far as i'm concerned. Nice work. :)

AstraTheDragon

A dapper dragon

View attachment 23615

View attachment 23616
haha you thot was crafting base but actually am multiple techs BAMBOOZLED AGAIN!

-=ROOSTER=-

Complete Idiot
I know I'm probably hosing into the wind by posting this one (It's not even as good as the first techs I posted), but I think its cool enough that it deserves to be seen anyways. It's a tank that splits into two, with two more inside of those, and when you do it, it drops a turret/charging station to protect them. Sorry for the dark pic. 1RND.png

cipher

Here's one for fun. Not meant to be awesome, not meant to be powerful, just meant to be something that might be fun to destroy. The thought is to have a large spider drop little baby spiders as they scatter in all directions.

"cipher Spider"

It's purposefully boxy so that I can keep adding more 'mother spiders' on top of it. Perhaps one more later with even more of a spider look. Right now it's just a passing reference and meant to be more practical for less of a framerate hit than some 64 x 64 block monster. ;) I'd love to blow off the legs of these things.

Separation...

(videos are still processing as of this post)

Attachments

Seth_Seth

Website
forum.terratechgame.com
I was referring to why they only said pure GSO. I know I says only GSO, but at the point that these techs pop up, you'll have pretty powerful, multicorp stuff.
He has a point

Here's one for fun. Not meant to be awesome, not meant to be powerful, just meant to be something that might be fun to destroy. The thought is to have a large spider drop little baby spiders as they scatter in all directions.

"cipher Spider"

It's purposefully boxy so that I can keep adding more 'mother spiders' on top of it. Perhaps one more later with even more of a spider look. Right now it's just a passing reference and meant to be more practical for less of a framerate hit than some 64 x 64 block monster. ;) I'd love to blow off the legs of these things.

Separation...

(videos are still processing as of this post)
ok dat was a surprise i wasn't expecting

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
"cipher Spider"

Can you attach the actual snapshot file, please, if you'd like the devs to look at this (potentially).:) i.e. found in "C:\Users\[Windoes User]\Documents\My Games\TerraTech\Snapshots"

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
OK Devs (@Matt, @Anton, @Zeena, whomever): I've been through the whole thread and downloaded all the snapshots. I've put each one in a separate numbered folder, so they will show up in submission order, in game (to be fair and tally more easily with looking at the forum).

Zip file download from Dropbox.

(1) Empty the snapshots folder on your machine.
(2) Extract zip file contents to it.
(3) Launch TerraTech (or exit and re-launch to refresh the snapshot list).

There were 43 44 submissions so far (disregarding @Rooster's defunct/invalid versions) and there's a few empty folders pre-made for any more last minute additions.

I expect it would take 2-3 hours to get through these, at the usual pace. Let alone if you are testing them properly (and reloading the world to clean up the mess each time). It really would be much better if you are able to drive an average kind of campaign tech (for the point in game you expect to spawn these) and remotely trigger the bolts (with some new dev code). Otherwise there's a lot of enemy tech behaviour characteristic you just won't see.

Last edited:

cipher

Can you attach the actual snapshot file, please, if you'd like the devs to look at this (potentially).:) i.e. found in "C:\Users\[Windoes User]\Documents\My Games\TerraTech\Snapshots"
Sure, no problem. I attached the snapshot PNG image file to my post in this thread. Thanks.

One note for the spider: I removed the four inner GSO Bumper Wheels on the four inner legs of the outer spider to make the separation smoother. On the snapshot and screen caps they're there, but on the video they've been removed.