Explosive Bolts Techs - We Need Your Help!

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Jun 29, 2017
UK
www.youtube.com
a massive multitech turret which I named "come at me i daer u"
Heh, I was thinking of trying something very similar (fixed turret with arms of Stud Lazers). I don't think that wide base will anchor (well) anywhere in a campaign world, though. Unless the anchored enemy deployment is like the load techs option in Creative, so will clip it into the terrain...

Does the turret actually point at you reliably, when it's set as an enemy? [Edit: it does seem to, slowly - kudos.] At all ranges? I've found that the AI always thinks it's driving a tank, so it will try to turn sideways to manoeuvrer, etc.
Same with @GKJ's turret tank (it doesn't actually work with AI, unfortunately):
Also, the sideways fragment techs, although looking awesome deploying, definitely do just pick themselves up in the build beam and stay there.

But then it'll be good if the devs see that for themselves, and think about fixing this bug at the same time as implementing this new feature (if it happens).

Last edited:

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Jun 29, 2017
UK
www.youtube.com
Any, I have a couple more different concept techs:

"Taraxacum" (AKA dandelion) - A nuisance tech that triggers when it gets close to player (within ~50m), or takes damage, throwing cabs all around, making targetting a nightmare. (Like Baconus's design, but smaller scale and much wider throw.)

Taraxacum 1d.png

"ZG BSC 4Packs" (Boring Silo Crafter) - a fully functional all-crafter (minus the level 5 Dongle), to be triggered on loading. This is an proof of concept for a 'Capture the Base' tech that can self-fill its Silos in a reasonable amount of time.

ZG BSC 4Packs 2u.png
[Edit 2018-08-23 - updated snapshot for more reliable resource loading.]

Takes about ~30s from deployment to get most of the Silos filled (with 24 chunks), Scrappers running in parallel, except for the odd Resource Blocks that gets picked up by the wrong Scrapper (virtually impossible to avoid). These loop around the long, slow way, in serial.

Far, far easier to have unsorted Silos, but it will take over 4 minutes to scrap through 11 resource blocks in series. (Seeing as Pacemakers don't store their speed setting in snapshots.)

Fully bubbled with a secure, raised stem underneath, to aid reliable anchoring.

I think it'd be cool to have the odd base in game that actually works, and the resource windfall should at least make some happy about the RNG.:)

Last edited:

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Jun 29, 2017
UK
www.youtube.com
The second one I fondly refer to as "BigFrank", short for Fabrication Tank. It has pretty much the same deployment setup, but drops a totally different set of techs and is a fully functional fab base.
Oh, hah, I hadn't realised what this was when I first glanced over it: it's a pretty cool, compact stacked Silo sorted storage array base! Nice.:)

It' got a few big problems with it:

(1) One I've fixed for you (see attached snapshot below) is that all the filters reset and the conveyors get scrambled when the tech splits (bug). That's because the factory tech fragment didn't have the primary cab. I made sure it did, by removing and re-adding *all* the small tech's cabs.

(2) It's covered in level 5 armour (2x2 plates and 2x1x1 slopes). That's going to be a little awkward to deal with in places, maybe, but doable. You should also remove the tier 3 (Exotic) Component dongle, if reworking for this.

Your other tech has the same issues, sorry.:oops:

Attachments

Last edited:

JimmyBlether

Regrettably Inactive (long term)
Jul 31, 2017
Somewhere off the map
tinyurl.com
Random Tech I built that splits into 4:
SPLITTER 1.png
Couple of things:
1. Why does it have to be pure GSO?
2.In the stream, pronounce 'JimmyBlether' as it is spelt in .89 seconds. That is the right way of doing it.

@Zeena's Jeemeey-Blether tho.
sorry.

Reactions: Zeena

Galrex

Possibilist
Oct 31, 2017
steamcommunity.com
[Edited]: Can all the connected bolts on the enemy tech just explode in a chain reaction once at least one explosive bolt gets hit/destroyed? So that the mother tech can deploy its daughter/son techs properly before getting most of the parts blown up. Unless the enemy bolts trigger upon spawning.

P.s: One more tech submission (snapshot attached).

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: Aardvark123

Aardvark123

Feb 23, 2018
Scotland
aardvark1998.deviantart.com
Here is another one more suited to being a mid-game boss or similar. Introducing the fearsome Gemini:

Gemini.png

Gemini consists of two techs: A souped-up attack racer that can fight well at close quarters and a heavily-armoured half-track loaded with cannons and mortars. They move well enough while connected, but separation allows the racing car to outflank the enemy while the half-track absorbs all the damage. They also both work well as AI helpers in the campaign.

If there is a choice, Gemini should probably split a few seconds after it begins/they begin attacking the player. On sight would work as well.

JimmyBlether

Regrettably Inactive (long term)
Jul 31, 2017
Somewhere off the map
tinyurl.com
The devs are also asking for level 4 parts only (as well as GSO only). So no missiles, megatons, large armour plates. Sorry. (I guess they don't want to risk making the game too hard... ;))
*smacks head*

BUT I HAVE AN AWESOME IDEA THAT NEEDS GRADE 5 PARTS!!!!

Well, the devs may not implement it, but I do want to build a tech just for them to see on the stream.

Nightblade Greyswandir

Nothing is good enough!
Feb 3, 2017
Terraland
ngttadventures.blogspot.se
BTW, whatever devs decided to put in game from all these tech I just have to say in advance: Thanks for all these nice blocks :)
GSO only on lvl4 is like free bag of candies. Just because when average player is on LVL 4 GSO that means he has enough GC blocks to play role of armor on his tech and probably few HE guns on top...

Reactions: JimmyBlether

-=ROOSTER=-

Complete Idiot
Jul 13, 2018
Idios Prime, the Idiot homeworld
But just cover it in GSO Small Armour Plates, they're grade 4.
Good Idea! So I decided to do just that. While doing so however, I got carried away and made a bunch of upgrades. Before it was basically a base that was fairly mobile. Now its every bit as much tank as it is base. It's surprisingly fast for its size, and the new rubber layout keeps it from getting hung up on the base of steep hills. It's the most agile base I've ever seen, and pretty good to fight with also. Sorry about posting yet another pic of the same tech, but I have too much time in this one to give up on it now.:DFrAnkenstein Mk1.png FrAnk (TheFabricationTank) is now "Frankenstein Mk1" Edit: I found a mistake I just couldn't live with and fixed it. Should be all correct now(I hope). LOL

Last edited:

-=ROOSTER=-

Complete Idiot
Jul 13, 2018
Idios Prime, the Idiot homeworld
@GKJ Please forgive me for altering this without asking you first, but I saw the potential for something really cool in one of your techs. To everyone else, this is not a submission. This is merely a suggestion from me to GKJ and should he decide to use it , then that will have to be decided by him. Anyways, check it out. A minor change, and now it splits into seven techs instead of three! Also, if you take off the two AI cabs that I put on the original side techs then when deployed they will not go to build beam (they did with the original version) I just thought that information might prove helpful. -Rooster002RoosterIDEA.png

GKJ

Sep 26, 2017
CHINA
@GKJ Please forgive me for altering this without asking you first, but I saw the potential for something really cool in one of your techs. To everyone else, this is not a submission. This is merely a suggestion from me to GKJ and should he decide to use it , then that will have to be decided by him. Anyways, check it out. A minor change, and now it splits into seven techs instead of three! Also, if you take off the two AI cabs that I put on the original side techs then when deployed they will not go to build beam (they did with the original version) I just thought that information might prove helpful. -RoosterView attachment 23583
It doesn't matter. Actually, I see the inspiration from all of you.

And then build it in your own way.

It will be more fun to play games together.