Lord Zarnox

Founder of the IFTTES
May 31, 2017
Australia
With the EXP GeoCorp treads, if you hold W, you will go about 24 mph, but it starts out with a short boost reaching about 60 - 70 mph. So I thought "If it boosts whenever you first press W, what happens if I continuously tap W?"
Turns out that if you tap the key rather than holding it, you can go about 3 times faster than the normal max speed. I assume this isn't meant to happen, seeing as it doesn't quite fit in with the industrial feel of GeoCorp, nor does it really make sense.

diamondnife

Jun 10, 2017
The Technocratic AI Colony.
With the EXP GeoCorp treads, if you hold W, you will go about 24 mph, but it starts out with a short boost reaching about 60 - 70 mph. So I thought "If it boosts whenever you first press W, what happens if I continuously tap W?"
Turns out that if you tap the key rather than holding it, you can go about 3 times faster than the normal max speed. I assume this isn't meant to happen, seeing as it doesn't quite fit in with the industrial feel of GeoCorp, nor does it really make sense.
You gotta switch it into...

M A X I M U M O V E R D R I V E!!!
Geocorp is done with being the slow corporation, so they went rogue and made the fastest treads ever know to the human race!

Reactions: Legionite
P

Pink Kitty

This is not a bug.

This is to make the turning of heavy techs using these treads a bit more 'perky' until they have a chance to sit down and sort it out properly.

They have the opposite torque curve to Venture wheels, in that they are fast when moving slow, and slow when moving fast.

Yes, i know that makes no sense, that's a thing you can do in games that you can't in real life :p

However, given that they've done some work on wheels in prep for the 'Driving on Blocks' fix, it's possible, they have already fixed this.

Reactions: Lord Zarnox