Energy Inversion Bowl

draavon

Nov 2, 2020
I seem to be having a tough time with this quest and am hoping for input, every other mission I've cleared with minimal effort but I seem to be missing something here. First off, the mission instruction is to meet Atom but he's not at the arena entrance, it just starts the fight when I get close enough. When I do engage it doesn't update to say anything like "kill the towers" or anything but if I try to leave or get thrown out Atom tells me to get back in there. This may all be working as intended but figured I'd mention it in case it sounds like a bug.

Assuming the quest is actually working, how do I actually kill the towers? I assume I have to kill the outer ones first but whenever I shoot at it my weapons lock onto the lower portion with the orange shield and don't seem to make any progress on burning down the projectors up top. I tried building an small tower just up outside of the rim of the arena such that I was in combat and tried aiming different weapons at the closest tower but after several minutes nothing seemed to be affecting the projectors. I've killed a few of the vehicles that spawn in there but haven't noticed that helping with the overall mission either.

Id appreciate any help, I'd like to try to max the Reticule license but seem to be stuck here. Are there particular weapons or build types that will help? Thanks!

WispM

Mar 4, 2020
I don't know if it were intended or not, there is easy way now. First, it you leave the battle, it won't reset your progess. You can always leave battle and repair yourself. Second, battle will begin from anywhere near the pit, not just enterance, so with proper tech, you can hit and run targets in a short time.

I wanna clear it with non-cheesey way but I can't. so I use this way.

draavon

Nov 2, 2020
Which weapon were you using, if you don't mind me asking? The ones I tried just seemed to target the orange sphere and didn't seem to be doing much to help.

WispM

Mar 4, 2020
I used cruise missile or BMB maybe, but weapons are not a problem imo. Did you select the proper target? You can fix the target by pressing a wheel button of a mouse if you don't know how to.

This is my playing. I would be glad if it helps.

Last edited:

draavon

Nov 2, 2020
Thanks for the video! I'm away from home so can't try it at the moment but it looks like taking out all of the vehicles made the orange shields go down? I never killed more than a couple of them so that's something to try when I get back. Appreciate the help.