Enemy/AI SCU's at bases

HappyApathy

Dec 1, 2015
In the dev stream where the SCU was shown it was mentioned that if your SCU was damaged badly it might start spitting out pieces that you have stored.

What about adding SCU's to enemy bases that when destroyed spit out a handful of pieces (maybe have them self-destruct if a base is captured)? Pieces spat out would depend upon the base (on that note we need different and bigger enemy bases) with larger tougher bases spitting out higher grade pieces.

For now the assortment would be random (could possibly include EXP pieces), but in the future when SCU's are added for other corps the pieces spat out would be more relevant to the corporation that it belongs to.

I see this as an alternative method to help players find new pieces that aren't widely available on enemies yet instead of the scavenger hunt for dispensers (which needs some rethinking as it is honestly one of the least appealing aspects of story mode) or praying that an invader appears that has the piece you want.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pink Kitty

reaperx1

Crazed Builder
Feb 25, 2015
The blocks flying out as the SCU takes damage was a bit surprising at first. I thought I was being blown apart even with shields and regens, but then I saw that they were coming out of the SCU. I think that is the perfect touch to help keep things a challenge. You have to protect it or pick up all of your blocks again.

Have a good one

WastedRhino

Dec 26, 2015
Netherlands
I like this idea, sounds great. Haven't seen stuff flying from my scu yet. My scu's just get eaten by themselves

Wastedrhino