enemies with shields

Azirahael

Jan 8, 2015
A lot of the random encounters i have are with techs that have batteries and shields, but they've run down.
either because they have no harvesting logic, or because they have no place to recharge.

I suggest that until a working ecosystem is implemented, enemy shields and regen bubbles consume no power, until they are in range of the player.

That way they'll still have shields when we encounter them.

That way we will be fighting the techs as they were designed to be fought.
A tech made of batteries and shields is very fragile. but with shields up, it's another story.

reaperx1

Crazed Builder
Feb 25, 2015
I started to shoot resources around enemies that I think have shields in hopes that they get charged up just so I get a better battle.

Its only fair I think, but kind of wierd helping the enemy that might destroy you.

Reactions: Coder

Azirahael

Jan 8, 2015
I heard that techs with batteries will start with full or half charge, which i think is fair.
Sure.
I think they even may do that now.
The problem is, how long have they been hanging around, before you even run into them?

GameSpender

Dec 21, 2014
I haven't even found bullet shield since last 2-3 updates... probably cuz I didn't even search for it. Probably not fair being invaded buy CUBE-O-SHIELDS right now... shields are very hard too balance...

Azirahael

Jan 8, 2015
I haven't even found bullet shield since last 2-3 updates... probably cuz I didn't even search for it. Probably not fair being invaded buy CUBE-O-SHIELDS right now... shields are very hard too balance...
Look on the southern salt flats.
I have never played a game where at least some of the bases weren't there.
I also found them on the northern salt flats occasionally.
I have heard they're occasionally in the mountains.

go north.
go up nearest mountain.
get plane.
fly plane.
do a spiral around the starting position, at about the distance of the southern salt flats.

Any 2-3 red dots close together = base.
There are 3 bases that i have seen.

Come back with tank.

Shields!
Batteries!
Other stuff!

Last edited:

GameSpender

Dec 21, 2014
[/QUOTE="Azirahael, post: 11104, member: 831"]Look on the southern salt flats.
I have never played a game where at least some of the bases were there.
I also found them on the northern salt flats occasionally.
I have heard they're occasionally in the mountains.

go north.
go up nearest mountain.
get plane.
fly plane.
do a spiral around the starting position, at about the distance of the southern salt flats.

Any 2-3 red dots close together = base.
There are 3 bases that i have seen.

Come back with tank.

Shields!
Batteries!
Other stuff![/QUOTE]
thanks m8!

reaperx1

Crazed Builder
Feb 25, 2015
Sure.
I think they even may do that now.
The problem is, how long have they been hanging around, before you even run into them?
I got an invaders today and it came in with shields and a bunch of exp guns that I didn't have.

It was a weird cube shaped tech that someone said that they don't like to build.;)

Have a good one

Coder

Jun 30, 2015
I got an invaders today and it came in with shields and a bunch of exp guns that I didn't have.

It was a weird cube shaped tech that someone said that they don't like to build.;)

Have a good one
Invaders spawn with 100% charged batteries and immediately go after you. So they usually have their shields up when the battle begins.

Reactions: Admiral Naismith

reaperx1

Crazed Builder
Feb 25, 2015
Invaders spawn with 100% charged batteries and immediately go after you. So they usually have their shields up when the battle begins.
It does make for a better battle.

The extra range they seem to get is the real problem that makes it favor the invader seeing as they are already locked on to me before I can get them in my range.

Take er easy