End of conveyor block. Block that drop chunks or components from conveyor.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Nightblade Greyswandir, Apr 21, 2017.

1. Nightblade Greyswandir

Nightblade Greyswandir Well-Known Member Beta Deluxe

Now without physics for chunks on conveyors we really need this one. As we can not build obstacle that will take chunks off conveyor.
    This is the only way that we can transfer chunks from one anchored tech to another anchored tech.

2. elfdrow

elfdrow Well-Known Member

O_O
    I just saw a reaperx1 video and saw a way to drop them... but I'm starting to think that was physic dependant as you mentioned...
    and I was thinking of testing it today lol

we NEED this. anything that helps us get resources from one tech to another.
    we need it fast T_T

3. ilikegoodfood

ilikegoodfood Well-Known Member Beta Deluxe

A long time ago it used to be possible to push blocks from a conveyor to a collector, then you can use a reciever to pull the blocks from the collector.

This would, either as an addition to a dropper or as an alternative, allow you to "hold" the resources that are to be transferred and prevent them from rolling around on the floor or de-spawning.
    It would also allow for resources to be transferred at other heights or angles, such as from the top of a side in
    stead of just from tech to ground to tech.
    Furthermore, it would remove the risk of the delivering tech accidentally picking up the things it just dropped with its own collectors.

Personally, I think having both would be best.

4. Chrii_the_Vieh

Chrii_the_Vieh Well-Known Member Beta Deluxe Canary TT Translator Sumo - All Blocks Chrii - Older Banners

I've asked for such a block so many times now... It was even discussed lengthy in one of the streams.
    I guess the devs do not see the point of such a block, but we all do, so PLEASE give us a dropper-conveyor!
    For real, this block would enhance options for basebuilds by 100-fold.
    ...and, as mentioned by NSGreywandir, with the lack of physics for resources, it would be the only way to automate this process, in all existing designs that rely on it.

5. reaperx1

reaperx1 Well-Known Member Beta Deluxe Canary Dancing Tech ReaperX - Old Banners

Now with no physics it doesn't work anymore. My useless machine is truly useless now. Until I take it back to an older version of the game that is ;).

Have a good one [8D)