Dutch Translation

Translate game to dutch?

• yes

• no

Results are only viewable after voting.

Trippeh

Website
I.have.more
I did a revision of the block names up to line 325, they were named very inconsistently.
Also some were a little to literal so I gave those a less literal translation.

saiwun

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
That's awesome. Will get them into the game for the next update.

Trippeh

Website
I.have.more
@saiwun
I'd like ask to purge all the other Dutch translators from the list, please.
This can be restored once they post here to be active again..

Also I've discovered quite a few "troll" translations and personal messages in previous translations of blocks and their descriptions, which were not gained through any form of competion or such.

Maybe there could be a head of translations for the Dutch language?
Someone who does quality control on translations made in a different copy,
before final submission is made to the main spreadsheet by said person.

saiwun

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
@Trippeh Do you have examples of the "troll" translations?

Regarding the suggestion to purge all Dutch translators, I'm hesitant to do that right now as players providing translations in the earlier development stages of TerraTech were important for us and should still be acknowledged. What I will do from now is to track recent activity and those who are actively providing translations will get top billing per language, with the less active ones sinking towards the end of the list.

Regarding having a head of translation, this is a good idea in principle, but the translation doc is pretty complex to maintain and update and adding another layer of review would make management of the document too labour intensive. Do you think having an additional column to log recently changed rows would help someone like you review and ensure the translation is of a good quality?

Trippeh

Website
I.have.more
@saiwun
Regarding the suggestion to purge all Dutch translators, I'm hesitant to do that right now as players providing translations in the earlier development stages of TerraTech were important for us and should still be acknowledged. What I will do from now is to track recent activity and those who are actively providing translations will get top billing per language, with the less active ones sinking towards the end of the list.
Understood, fair point.

Regarding having a head of translation, this is a good idea in principle, but the translation doc is pretty complex to maintain and update and adding another layer of review would make management of the document too labour intensive. Do you think having an additional column to log recently changed rows would help someone like you review and ensure the translation is of a good quality?
I was thinking of having this appointed (by you preferably) head of the language handing out another file which just has the Dutch sheet in it, where they can add their translations, pass this file to the head of the language and have him go over changes made, before doing final submission.

This can be made easy if the original translator would say: "I translated/revised from line X up to line Y."
There for the head of the language doesn't have to go over the entire file to ensure having passed on all changes to the original file. Which only the head of a language can edit.

Having a set X to Y lines for the translators to go over first before doing other sets and agreeing who starts at the "top" and who starts at the "bottom" of said lines, would improve upon translations in speed and how correct they will be in the final submission.
- @maritaria and me have been talking about this.

EDIT: ADD:
Do you have examples of the "troll" translations?
I'm sorry I revised these without thinking to get some proof, an example would be: "This block will make your tech invisible." sometimes they used all caps, sometimes they didn't say anything about the block itself and 1 had his own name in the block description (forgot the name though).

maritaria

Website
nuterra.tech
@saiwun It seems a lot of block descriptions of HE are not describing the blocks but comparing themselfs to GSO ones. Is this intended / wanted?

Also, Can we use macros in the cells? some of them are set to =(english cell location).
The way I would use them:

=("part of string" & CellLocation & " more text")

Using this to keep names and specific phrasings automatically up to date.

Last edited:

saiwun

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
@saiwun It seems a lot of block descriptions of HE are not describing the blocks but comparing themselfs to GSO ones. Is this intended / wanted?

Also, Can we use macros in the cells? some of them are set to =(english cell location).
The way I would use them:

=("part of string" & CellLocation & " more text")

Using this to keep names and specific phrasings automatically up to date.
Regarding Hawkeye block descriptions, I'll check with Kris (@zanzistar) as he has written the descriptions.

Regarding use of a more advance formula to keep naming convention consistent, the order of words varies across languages so I think this is likely top cause confusion.

Trippeh

Website
I.have.more
@Kirchhoffs: If at all possible to start your translations in the mission section of the Dutch sheet from line: 852 to: 2898
Please make sure you finish each mission entirely, before moving on to the next mission.
Try to look at previous translations made concerning naming of blocks and their descriptions, so we can ensure conform translations are being made.
You can always talk to @maritaria or me on discord when in doubt.

Last edited:

Kirchhoffs

@Kirchhoffs: If at all possible to start your translations in the mission section of the Dutch sheet from line: 852 to: 2898
Please make sure you finish each mission entirely, before moving on to the next mission.
Try to look at previous translations made concerning naming of blocks and their descriptions, so we can ensure conform translations are being made.
You can always talk to @maritaria or me on discord when in doubt.
are all parts of the same mission in one group or are they spread among the entire file?