Does the unofficial mod "fusion block" have a block fuse limit?

Vertu

Jun 10, 2020
I am trying to glue 4 massive techs together to create a battleship, I have done calculations to ensure it fits within the 64^3 volume limit and have confirmed the fused part is within the volume boundaries of the original tech but only a fourth of it actually fused, the rest just popped off then randomly scattered in an imaginary explosion.

Reactions: Skihiley

Skihiley

Having an emotional breakdown
May 8, 2020
Idk, but be careful, I tried the same thing and half of one of the techs just instantly shattered..

Reactions: Vertu

Vertu

Jun 10, 2020
Idk, but be careful, I tried the same thing and half of one of the techs just instantly shattered..
That is similar to what happened to me, only a fourth of the tech survived the process, the original was perfectly fine. I just want confirmation because I suck at building large and planned to assemble the battleship into 5 parts, 4 parts being identical and built from fusing 4 techs together, then a core to be custom made. Though I did salvage the disaster by turning it into a construction yard, though I still want the space battleship to actually be completed, I was going all mad scientist for its creation. ;-;

Skihiley

Having an emotional breakdown
May 8, 2020
Yeah, same i was tryna fuse two battleship hulls together for this...

(Try to ignore the bf wheels those were for a test)

Attachments

Reactions: Vertu

Vertu

Jun 10, 2020
At least you built small enough (from my perspective) that you could manually fill in the hull. I however have this 14.5m tech that I need to fuse 4 together on super structures then add the custom core. I very much do not want to spend 10's of hours copying the giant segments especially with the lack of mirror mode, so any misplacement would throw-off the physics of the battleship and possibly be unfixable.
Battleship segement.png

Vertu

Jun 10, 2020
That is why I said "from my perspective", but yours looks much flatter than mine..

Vertu

Jun 10, 2020
Turns out it was actually larger than the build limit for the Z-axis due to miscalculations with the Tesla coil parameter, it extended the section by an additional block which was not accounted for due to the scale of this tech, however some blocks still popped off but not as many and these blocks can easily be placed back. Sometimes you need to check the math 5 times instead of 4.

At the time I did consider this as a possibility but was too demoralized for the thought of having to do it more manually than intended. So I never specifically checked until Sebby heavily hinted the situation as a result from being larger than block limit.