Ditch the 'low battery' warning

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
When you load in a new tech, the game helpfully pops up a UI overlay pointer to every single battery in turn, to tell you it's "low". There's no need at all for this in this or any other context. All batteries in a tech are at the same charge percentage. At most, show this pop-up once.

Preferably, give us an option to disable all of these types of pop-up (including for over-loaded wheels, etc). But I don't think there's any need to wait on implementing that option fully, to greatly reduced the unnecessary and frustrating clutter from "battery low" pop-ups.

Note, that this is a little less bad since fixing this bug (thanks devs :), @Django) where these would continue to pop up after the batteries were charged.

Last edited:

Saelem Black

Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy
Seconded. Enthusiastically.

I suggest removing the low battery warning entirely.

Instead, have a warning show up in the same spot as the battery gauge (only if the tech has no battery meter attached) which says "low battery" if the tech's energy is depleted. If a battery meter is attached, then the battery gauge simply replaces this warning. Finally, the warning won't appear at all unless there is at least one battery on the tech.

AstraTheDragon

A dapper dragon
Oh, and I forgot the kicker: the white label lines for these 'toasts' currently show up in screenshots, too.
Huh I always take screenshots externally (not using F10) and I've always found popup toasts dreadful when taking beauty screenshots. One time I had to mouse over a resource vein that would be off-camera so that its infobox could override popup toasts. I'm getting ahead of myself (or in a different topic) but I've always wanted a way to hide the UI for screenshots.

Matt

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
Good shout!

That system is old and needs a bit of TLC. The plan is to update the logic for those hints and only show them in build beam when we do build beam improvement work.

In the meantime we'll see if they can be removed entirely.