Disable collisions on items while they are being pulled by tractor pad

Enigmatica

Jul 6, 2015
I know it may not look as realistic for items to simply phase through like that, but it would easily solve the issue of resources getting stuck on your tech. I know it's possible to develop a smart algorithm that pulls items around blocks that are in the way, but that might add unnecessary processing load.

On that note, collisions should be disabled when items are inside a tractor pad/silo as well. Not only is that an optimization (because it doesn't have to calculate collisions for the 50+ resources you are pulling), but it may also fix the bug where items fly out of tractor pads.

Reactions: Coder

Azuratte

Feb 11, 2015
How about the tractor beam swings the part in an arch then brings it down vertically closer to the pad. This would avoid 99% of my issues.

Azirahael

Jan 8, 2015
How about the tractor beam swings the part in an arch then brings it down vertically closer to the pad. This would avoid 99% of my issues.
watch closely. it already does this, or something very similar.

Though it might help if it went a bit higher maybe?

Azuratte

Feb 11, 2015
If it does do this, I haven't noticed it. That and a bunch of the times I seem to have to drive nearly over the bits to suck them up.

Azirahael

Jan 8, 2015
If it does do this, I haven't noticed it. That and a bunch of the times I seem to have to drive nearly over the bits to suck them up.
bigger pads=more reach.

check it with a Scotty pad.

It distinctly goes up, then across.

Azuratte

Feb 11, 2015
Hmm, I'm wondering maybe they should go outwards then arc around like they do.