Directed Delivery Cannon(AKA Delivery Cannon to the face)

Zade Karu

was fooling around with the big Geocorp delivery Cannon, which itself needs some improvements, as big as it is one resource sold at a time is quite insubstantial

anyways, an enemy tech came along and destroyed the anchor, the assembly toppled forward and the cannon sold its last resource pointing right at the offending tech and i thought...ya know....and so, my Idea!

The Directed Delivery Cannon, Geocorps only ranged weapon, it would be the same size as their existing anchored delivery cannon (thematically a situation like the one above would be why it exists in the first place) it would have 180 degree horizontal traversal, the same speed as a gigaton with a reasonable pivot.

the damage and force of the shots would be determined by the value of the resource being fired, im thinking only resources though, components can be a modders thing, if the unit is empty it would fire like a weaker sonic lance

Fire Rate, would be the same as the Gigaton

on the back of the unit though would be a couple small capacity silos, where resource chunks would be held before firing, with attachment points placed so one could attach receivers or conveyor

a right click context menu, to turn the cannon off, or better yet, into a normal delivery cannon would be stellar

a more advanced option for the damage and fire rate would be to have effects tied to the resources being fired, one could fire off rubber or fibron chunks exception fast, olastic and ignian more explodey, carbide with increased impact strength, but that much more programming goes against the rules of K.I.S.S. :p

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
Absolutely.:D I think I've said something a lot like this somewhere before in a suggestion thread; weaponise the GC delivery canon makes a lot of sense, to give them a projectile weapon option without giving them any guns, per-say.:cool:

Although, something like this does sound very experimental, so it could equally go to reticule research.

I'd love for the damage from such a gun to be determined by the BB value of the resource fired. Like the coin gun in Terraria, which is whimsical fun and lets you do crazy damage for a very high ammo cost.

(Note that you can already use mobile delivery canons to fire horizontalls, but no damage, of course, and the BF mobile d-canon is no even locked to the vertical orientation, currently! ;) Not sure if this is a bug, but I'm leaving it alone, hah.)

Soviet_Samuelson

On the path to becoming a grand-master idiot
Website
forum.terratechgame.com
Absolutely.:D I think I've said something a lot like this somewhere before in a suggestion thread; weaponise the GC delivery canon makes a lot of sense, to give them a projectile weapon option without giving them any guns, per-say.:cool:

Although, something like this does sound very experimental, so it could equally go to reticule research.

I'd love for the damage from such a gun to be determined by the BB value of the resource fired. Like the coin gun in Terraria, which is whimsical fun and lets you do crazy damage for a very high ammo cost.

(Note that you can already use mobile delivery canons to fire horizontalls, but no damage, of course, and the BF mobile d-canon is no even locked to the vertical orientation, currently! ;) Not sure if this is a bug, but I'm leaving it alone, hah.)
what if we had even more terraria-like weapons? o_Oo_O

eddie

Forever thonk, dis is ma philosophy
I was thinking of not use the original delivery cannon as a weapon, but introduce a new weapon called GeoCorp Weaponized Resource Cannon that does not serve as a delivery cannon but a weapon that work with your factory system.

It has input port like most of the factory block, it only receive raw and refined materials not components, the cannon will cause the exact sell value of the material launched on impact(call it Money Cannon if you want).

Also different type of material will have different effect when launched, for example:

Celestite has anti-gravity properties, so it will create an anti gravity field on impact when launched

Ignite has light focusing properties, it will launch a beam of photon instead of a chunk

Oleite has combusting properties, it will launch a ball of napalm instead of a chunk

Carbite has explosive properties, it will explode on impact

and finally it's fire rate depends on speed of the factory system it attach to, so if you crank up the speed with GSO Pacemaker, you can have a resource minigun!

Last edited:

Matt

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
I'm sure we've talked about doing something like this.

The Better Future receiver would act as a nice counter to it too.

But as ZG says, it's very experimental so doesn't really fit with any of the current corps. Reticule Research would definitely be up for something like this though.