Did the devs abandon the game

Discussion in 'Open' started by HyperXNova20, Sep 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HyperXNova20

HyperXNova20 Well-Known Member

Theres only been one update since 1.0. and it was underwhelming. we have no date to go off of. only vague promises and hidden game files. it is rather concerning.

2. NovaLegion

NovaLegion Jamie's best friend

They haven't they've just been working hard, you can see what they're working on when you watch their twitch channel.

AstraTheDragon likes this.
  3. QuackDuck

QuackDuck Duck

If the devs were planning on abandoning the game, I don't think they would've hired some new people to add to the team in the last few months.

Besides, if they did abandon the game in its current state, the backlash from the community would affect all the reputations of those involved which would significantly lower the chances of them making a new game which would sell well, essentially ending their career in game development.
    I don't think they would risk that.

4. ZeroGravitas

ZeroGravitas Breaker of Games

The coders are almost all doing boring but necessary behind the scenes work. e.g.:

• 'Refactoring' the code, to make it more stable and easier to add to (ready for more substantial updates)
    • Setting up a 'build server' to automatically create all the different versions of the game each update (2 consoles and the various PC platforms).
    • Consoles still having various awkward to pin-down critical bugs that are taking a lot of puzzling out.

I think new content should start coming thick and fast once this is in place. (There must be loads of new blocks ready - I've seen one little tease so far.)

Sdarks, Django, Aardvark123 and 4 others like this.
  5. HyperXNova20

yeah but the question is. new blocks when. next week or next year. thats what im trying to get to here. theres been no approximate date or progress bar for us lowly members to look at

6. ZeroGravitas

ZeroGravitas Breaker of Games

I've no idea if there's even an internal schedule at this point. I'm only presenting public information from dev streams, really.

My expectation is to see something new in the next couple of weeks, and a resumption of regular updates within a couple of months (certainly this year).

JimmyBlether likes this.
  7. HyperXNova20

yeah I went a bit far with this post. but in the end there is always the possibility that the boss could say. welp sorry we ran out of cash, we were already running a deficit and the 1.0 didnt inject enough cash into the game as we expected. whether the cash problem was resolved or not. there being one could explain why 1.0 was rushed

8. reaperx1

reaperx1 Crazed Builder

I know for a fact that new blocks are in the works, but as said above there are some things that just need to be done first. If I had to guess I would say that we will probably see some new stuff sooner than later.
    I know that isn't the answer you were hoping for, but just be patient and all the good things will come when they are ready.

Have a good one [8D)

AstraTheDragon, QuackDuck and Galrex like this.
  9. Sdarks

Sdarks PAYLOAD STUDIOS

Just to give you an answer from an actual dev we have definitely not abandoned TerraTech. The entire team is still working on it full time. We don't have any other games or projects we're secretly working on in the background right now or anything like that, our entire focus is TerraTech. We've got a lot of exciting stuff in the works, but the nature of some of it means we can't show you anything on it until we've spent more time on it. So stay tuned and we'll have more Soon(tm)!

Also remember that it's only been around five weeks since 1.0 and just over three weeks since the last update, there's not a lot you can get done in two or three weeks :)

BenBacon, Django, layer1 and 9 others like this.
  10. Matt

Matt PAYLOAD STUDIOS

To add to @Sdarks' post, we've laid out what we want the future of TerraTech to look like in this blog post.

It's got our short, medium and long term objectives as well as some of the stuff that we're currently working on that will be released soon.

Check it out!

#10 Matt, Sep 18, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2018
  11. Nightblade Greyswandir

Nightblade Greyswandir Nothing is good enough!

can somebody close this...

12. NovaLegion

NovaLegion Jamie's best friend

just don't reply

rdoom2003 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.