Did drive a big tech force the game to spawn big tech ?

Discussion in 'Community Help, Questions and Guides' started by DrShadox, Jun 11, 2018.

1. DrShadox

DrShadox GeoCorp worker

or atleast greater "chance" ?

I've make that for see :
    https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd....867/4719D8B8A6D7C18FE5F5B717527ED858887A1924/
    (if never link dont work for you say me i'll upload it somewhere else , it's on steam currently)

But it don't work very well , However when i drive a little tech , i often see little enemy tech , and when i drive my main tech (a pretty big tech) i often see big enemy , so how it work ?

Is it related to block Tiers ? the size of our Tech ? our amount of weapons ? something else ? everything together ?

Know (like many others people) i've already maxed every corp , make a good base , reach 10 millions BB (down to 7M cuz i've make my new base 2 days ago) , so now i'm pretty bored it's why i want to know how spawn work , for farm a little and fight against big tech.

Thanks if someone know

ZeroGravitas and layer1 like this.
  2. layer1

layer1 Well-Known Member

I'd love to know this, too. My main tech uses mostly top-of-the-line equipment and has a decent amount of weapons on it but the techs I see usually aren't that big. Also, invaders are always the exact same tech which is boring.

Then I made a tech that was mostly silos and grinders for collecting resources and big GC techs started showing up.

I tried making a ridiculous tech that had hundreds of Hawkeye shields, hover fans, repair bubbles, weapons and wheels and it didn't seem to make a difference.

Tried adding a bunch of cabs and AIs to a tech - no change that I could tell.

I want to summon big techs! I like big techs and I cannot lie, them other brothers can't deny...

ZeroGravitas likes this.
  3. Khaine

Khaine Well-Known Member

I *think* you get more techs if you download other people's designs off steam, but I'm not sure. I'd certainly like to fight harder to kill techs.

4. harpo99999

harpo99999 ah kick till it starts

it used to be that if you had signed in to twit the game would get invaders from twit, but since approx 0.7.6 this has not happened for me, but so far I had not heard of invaders from stream

ZeroGravitas likes this.
  5. ZeroGravitas

ZeroGravitas Breaker of Games

The main factor in campaign enemies is GSO level - higher unlocks potentially higher value enemy techs.

Also unlocking levels in the other corps unlocks techs with those blocks in.

There should be 200 different invaders hard coded into the game now, so if you always get the same one that's an (old) bug. Twitter interface is a mess, right now, for example the Sumo skimmer doesn't pick up most of the techs Tweeted out, so it could just be hit and miss if it works for you. Or it may be totally broken for quite a while, as I've not seen a way to specifically tweet out a tech as an invader for a long time. (@Greg?)

In Creative and R&D it definitely tries to spawn techs correlated to the tech you are driving. There was a bug that caused the game to hang when driving a very big, unique, tech in there, previously. I don't know if this is a factor in campaign - it seems to be, sometimes, that you suddenly get a whole load of GC enemies once you build a GC wheel based tech, but the devs didn't originally state this as a factor (I forget if it was mentioned later).

o_O Nope, not a thing.

Seth_Seth and layer1 like this.
  6. layer1

layer1 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if I like that. If you're at GSO5 and want to drive around a little tech for a while--well, I guess that's why there are boosters and fast wheels. On the other hand, end game techs are too weak to pose a threat to my marauder tech. I expect some weapon rebalancing in the future.

Invaders are definitely linked to your current tech though. I always get the same one because I drive the same tech around. Then when I hop in a plane for a long search the invader is different. I think that one is the same one every time but I just land, drop a mortar on it and fly away.

ZeroGravitas likes this.
  7. DrShadox

DrShadox GeoCorp worker

Btw , i speak about regular spawn , not about invader ^^

8. layer1

layer1 Well-Known Member

Understood. Sorry to hijack the post.

9. DrShadox

DrShadox GeoCorp worker

No it was more in the case or you think i speak about invaders , but you can speak about them if you want ^^

layer1 likes this.
  10. layer1

layer1 Well-Known Member

This might be a coincidence but in my latest campaign I didn't see any techs with Megatons until I found one as a mission reward. The very next tech that appeared dropped 12 of them and they started showing up regularly after that.

GSO faction level was at 5 and I was killing a lot of techs, but wasn't doing many missions so level progress was very slow. (It *might* have been GSO level 4, but whatever level it was, it had been so for quite some time and I know it hadn't progressed to a higher level.)