Dev appreciation post.

Shayne

Oct 29, 2015
England
Now, I'll start this off by saying that I have been playing TerraTech for quite a long time now. It's gone through many, many changes. And I gotta say, it just keeps getting better.

There are always going to be questionable elements to a game, *referencing the ongoing UI debate,* where some people like a new feature and some people dislike it. And there are also always going to be bugs. Unless the developers stop developing the game, and change their roles to bug fixers, in which case people would complain about the lack of fresh content, there is going to be bugs. Just be patient, they will eventually be fixed.

So I wanted to say thank you, to everyone at Payload Studios, and to anyone here on the forums that comes up with new ideas for the game. The devs genuinely care about the game, and they care about the community. It's not often that you can say that about developers nowadays. These guys aren't doing this all for the money. They are doing it because they enjoy it, and they want us to enjoy their work. They do a damn good job for us, so it's not hard for us to show some appreciation occasionally.

This was a bit short, but I felt like it needed to be said. I shall leave off with this note. If you don't like a certain aspect of the game, you are welcome to share your opinion on that. But don't start insulting the developers. They don't HAVE to keep moving the game forwards. They could have abandoned it years ago. They are the reason this game is at the stage it is now. It's come so damn far and I'm proud to have been a part of this community / player base.

If anyone wants to share their gratitude to the devs, please do so in the comments below this thread.

HeX

TerraTech Modder Manager
Jul 4, 2018
Now, I'll start this off by saying that I have been playing TerraTech for quite a long time now. It's gone through many, many changes. And I gotta say, it just keeps getting better.

There are always going to be questionable elements to a game, *referencing the ongoing UI debate,* where some people like a new feature and some people dislike it. And there are also always going to be bugs. Unless the developers stop developing the game, and change their roles to bug fixers, in which case people would complain about the lack of fresh content, there is going to be bugs. Just be patient, they will eventually be fixed.

So I wanted to say thank you, to everyone at Payload Studios, and to anyone here on the forums that comes up with new ideas for the game. The devs genuinely care about the game, and they care about the community. It's not often that you can say that about developers nowadays. These guys aren't doing this all for the money. They are doing it because they enjoy it, and they want us to enjoy their work. They do a damn good job for us, so it's not hard for us to show some appreciation occasionally.

This was a bit short, but I felt like it needed to be said. I shall leave off with this note. If you don't like a certain aspect of the game, you are welcome to share your opinion on that. But don't start insulting the developers. They don't HAVE to keep moving the game forwards. They could have abandoned it years ago. They are the reason this game is at the stage it is now. It's come so damn far and I'm proud to have been a part of this community / player base.

If anyone wants to share their gratitude to the devs, please do so in the comments below this thread.
We need more of you in this world.

I truly appreciate the devs for everything they have done and everything that will come in the. I am fully invested into this game and I hope for the best for everyone at Payload.