DarkLight, but its blocks

Seth_Seth

Website
forum.terratechgame.com
I don't really got anything too fancy to put here, it's just blocks in the Better Future corp for now that i've made with help from @Rafs, but if you are curious about DarkLight..

DarkLight is a futuristic space pirate corp thing, in a nutshell they tend to steal technologies from peoples and corps and probably cats and sneks too and refine them with their own technology, kinda allowing them to have near anything in terms of blocks, currently i'm struggling a bit with balance (mainly in the cost of the blocks) especially with the stuff i have to balance my thing to being LK, TAC, and GT. They're also erm, pirates so their block costs are x5 instead of x3, this can be blamed on GSO. who let them have portal and dimensional technology again-

Functionally they got a ton of blocks and such, allowing for lots of variety for techs, but they're also rather costly, and unlike TAC and LK, they have the cost multiplier from x3 to x5 for further encouraging crafting and not for extra health or whatever the heck the lemons are doing, making them more expensive, probably causing people or enemies to overestimate them and causes enemies to be stronger while you're using DL techs (since they spawn based on your current tech's cost.)

i think i accidentally repeated stuff but that's kinda it for now

have a picture of some DL blocks and the Dropbox link (Download the entire thing if you are acquiring DL blocks without having its main folder, its useful for organization and the skins aren't in their own folder)

2020-05-16 13_32_44-TerraTech.png

please report any bugs you may have with darklight blocks and their download or suggestions for DarkLight blocks to here, but generally discussion of things should be in the terratech discord
don't expect me to rapid fire these things out, i'm a beginner modder and a rather slow one at that

Last edited:

Seth_Seth

Website
forum.terratechgame.com
These two will have their oldest one removed once this post starts hitting the letter limit
(May also become a reserved post for 2nd part of op)
List of bug fixes thingys i guess:
May 6: Immediately had to make the ".json" folder to just "json" so that macs wouldn't stop them from being inaccessible, thanks Legionite
May 16: 4 Wide Spike Slope UV fix

List of block/corp updates:
May 6: Initial public release, includes 14 Brudger blocks
May 8: Brudger Blocks besides the 1x1x1 one have proper center of mass now, corner ones have them at this kind of spot so do consider that when building (Reupdated again so that the Compacto4 actually HAS the Center of Mass too)

2020-05-08 18_44_38-TerraTech.png
May 12: Brudger Spike Slopes Release
May 16: Allowed block suggestions on this thread
May 22: Duoc Wheeler Release

Last edited:

Seth_Seth

Website
forum.terratechgame.com
Dropbox link
it might be needed for users to make a folder for the DL stuff to go in if they don't download the entire thing
But anyways, alongside that link is a new set of sloped blocks, that can stab, and deal actual damage
it was kind of a nightmare to get the collisions to work, the hitboxes of the spikes where they damage is rather wonky but i suppose it's a part of balancing, and i also just wanted to get these out, either some corners or a wheel will come out next.
2020-05-12 21_01_57-TerraTech.png

Please report any issues with these, the previous blocks, or the download link here, also downloads are going to the dropbox that i'll probably only use for TT stuff now
@ flan did i do a good this time with these

chomnpk
2020-05-12 17_29_33-TerraTech.png

Last edited:

Seth_Seth

Website
forum.terratechgame.com
DarkLight Duoc Wheeler
DLDuocWheeler.png

A 2 wide technically two high wheel that turns cabs into gyros that can drive quite wheel. However since its my first time making a wheel the balancing might not be as good as the basic blocks (may be a bit overpowered on accident) and its quite expensive for a small wheel and has like, 1 AP but its a really nice wheeler

Now your DarkLight techs can have actual wheels, however due to technical issues (the suspensions KEPT ON GOING IN THE WRONG PLACES AND LEANING TO THE RIGHT DANGIT BUMPER WHEEL-) and since the wheel barely shifts up and down anyways, the suspension is part of the base. Still i hope you people enjoy this block
EXAMPLE TECH, IS A SNAPSHOT, DOWNLOAD FOR DUOC WHEELER IS IN THE DROPBOX IN OP
DLDuocExample.png

Seth_Seth

Website
forum.terratechgame.com
And now for a cab that refuses to turn its headlights off because its in Better Future
But uhh, Micro Bunker Cab because the LK one's called the bunker cab
DLBunkerCab.png
Bunker cab lad, doesn't have gun or wheel and is as heavy as a 2 slope, but has like double the durability of a Brudger One Block and looks like it unintentionally belongs in some vaporwave thing
2020-05-26 16_51_49-TerraTech.png
why are all these techs flat-
Download's in the Dropbox (Cabs folder), Make sure to update the textures if you didn't when you installed this

As for more important matters apart from getting help from other people than Rafs now I gotta get a ton of corner slopes out sometime soon

Last edited: