Damage Calculator Bugs (2)

May 13, 2017
Mars
I was testing the damage calculator when i decided to use a hawkeye auto cannon to see the DPS, then i noticed that some bullets went through the target and dealt no damage to it, resulting in fluctuations with the DPS dealt, when shot from the side, the phasing would be reduced a considerable amount, but some bullets still went through. Explosive projectiles did not pierce the target however, just bullets from auto cannons, hawkeye machineguns, etc.

The calculator will overflow if too much damage is dealt at once and will not correctly display it. (2 or more HE battleship cannons should trigger this)

I really think the changes to the R&D test chamber were awesome, but the calculator still needs some work.

Also, what units does the scale use, Kg? lbs? i gotta know

HeX

TerraTech Modder Manager
Jul 4, 2018
The scales use yes and the damage counter is being reworked with more digits to be displayed.

General Douglas

Aerial Admiral
Feb 4, 2019
America
I updated to 1.3.5.2 and fired the Zero Point Energy Gun at the counter just to see what would happen...

Crashed my game instantly!

Tried this several times and the client crashed every time FYI

Edit: All other R&D weapons work fine

Reactions: danielBERRYMAN

HeX

TerraTech Modder Manager
Jul 4, 2018
Zero Point Energy Gun does not deal damage and only creates an anti grav bubble. The target shouldn't be an issue as it is considered an enemy tech so the problem would most likely be the counter display itself. Try to avoid it...

Adriano

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
May 16, 2016
I was testing the damage calculator when i decided to use a hawkeye auto cannon to see the DPS, then i noticed that some bullets went through the target and dealt no damage to it, resulting in fluctuations with the DPS dealt, when shot from the side, the phasing would be reduced a considerable amount, but some bullets still went through. Explosive projectiles did not pierce the target however, just bullets from auto cannons, hawkeye machineguns, etc.

The calculator will overflow if too much damage is dealt at once and will not correctly display it. (2 or more HE battleship cannons should trigger this)

I really think the changes to the R&D test chamber were awesome, but the calculator still needs some work.

Also, what units does the scale use, Kg? lbs? i gotta know
We had issues with some weapons not registering correctly on the dummy target which should be fixed in the latest Unstable 1.3.5.2. Also the display size has been increased to accommodate a higher damage reading. Was this the version you had these issues in?