CUSTOM SKINS

Rafs

Collecting the Infinity Terminals
Candy Skins Pack

A little fun project inspired by WhitePaw's GSOreo, I made sweet themed skins for all corps :)
These are very far from the original concepts of the game or the lore of each corp, thus much more optional than the other skins, but I hope you all enjoy it!

*Chocolate painted tank is the ZX6Heavy by Shido https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1805457558

Attachments

Rafs

HalloweenPumpkin.png Trick-Or-Tech Skin Pack HalloweenPumpkin.png

Hey everyone! This is my pack of skins for this year's Halloween. This entry has been anticipated so that people have more than a month to make their halloween themed techs. Hope you all enjoy!

TrickOrTech.png

(Painted Techs are the Harvester Track by me, ZG BF DoubleWing by ZeroGravitas, ZX6Heavy by Shido, random tech from twitter, GSO LV3 Craft Tech by ZeroGravitas)

Attachments

Wassaup

I have a proposal for @SadKen and @Rafs . It's sad to see this "customs skins" feature in the game neglected and forgotten after all the hype. The rest of the dev team clearly has bigger things on the mind, then new skins. At the same time, we have these awesome paint-jobs, that are inaccessible to code-noobs, like myself. So let's just integrate these into the game and make them official! I don't know how much work that would be, but it's surely less, than starting from scratch.
From what I gather, a corp can have up to 15 alternate paint-schemes, so when all of Rafs' stuff is imported, you can pick and choose for the vacant spots. I'm sure, the rest of the mod team would gladly contribute.

stickman_king_28

insert joke here
starcraft skin ideas:
Terran gso and hawkeye: Mostly blue and with secondary grey and tertiary orange
Zerg venture and legion geo?: Fleshy pink with bright acid green secondary and purple tertiary.
Protoss BF and idk: Mostly gold with cyan secondary and dark blue tertiary.

also idk give us corp swaps

SadKen

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
I have a proposal for @SadKen and @Rafs . It's sad to see this "customs skins" feature in the game neglected and forgotten after all the hype. The rest of the dev team clearly has bigger things on the mind, then new skins. At the same time, we have these awesome paint-jobs, that are inaccessible to code-noobs, like myself. So let's just integrate these into the game and make them official! I don't know how much work that would be, but it's surely less, than starting from scratch.
From what I gather, a corp can have up to 15 alternate paint-schemes, so when all of Rafs' stuff is imported, you can pick and choose for the vacant spots. I'm sure, the rest of the mod team would gladly contribute.

They may seem a bit neglected but we certainly haven't forgotten about custom skins. Unfortunately it's been fairly low on our list of priorities as there's code involved as well as the art.

On a technical note, we wouldn't put modded textures straight into the game as we author the source files at higher resolution and use platform overrides to define the size and compression. The in-game textures and mip maps then get built for each platform depending on the hardware requirements.

WhitePaw2002

Modding Husky
Website
github.com
a technical note, we wouldn't put modded textures straight into the game as we author the source files at higher resolution and use platform overrides to define the size and compression. The in-game textures and mip maps then get built for each platform depending on the hardware requirements.
It should be possible to rescale an image loaded at runtime internally to the scale being used by the build of the game. The skins as I have checked are being appended to a large image to be used by blocks, generated when the game starts.

Rafs

For the time being, what makes me sad and frustrated is the skin support limit the game has. At over 9 skins on any corp, my game won't load. For others, it seems to vary, the absolute limit being 15 skins on any given corp.
I have a ton of cool ideas I'm holding myself on doing because that could force people to sacrifice skins for choosing others, as I am already doing, and this is a terrible experience.
I eagerly wait for some kind of code magic to increase that limit.

SadKen

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
It should be possible to rescale an image loaded at runtime internally to the scale being used by the build of the game. The skins as I have checked are being appended to a large image to be used by blocks, generated when the game starts.
It's more an image quality thing; the in-game textures are scaled down from a higher res source file, we wouldn't use an already resized and compressed image as source.

SadKen

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
For the time being, what makes me sad and frustrated is the skin support limit the game has. At over 9 skins on any corp, my game won't load. For others, it seems to vary, the absolute limit being 15 skins on any given corp.
I have a ton of cool ideas I'm holding myself on doing because that could force people to sacrifice skins for choosing others, as I am already doing, and this is a terrible experience.
I eagerly wait for some kind of code magic to increase that limit.

I can understand the frustration but as I said above - it's low on the priority list given the code commitments elsewhere at the moment.