CUSTOM SKINS

Saw one of Northwind's snapshots on the workshop recently, opened my eyes to the whole "Mods exist?!" thing.

Started working on a skin (set) with a uniform look across all factions. Glossy burgundy, matte cream, bit of dark gray. Currently done for Venture and Better Future, 'bout 70% done with Hawkeye (tricky bugger, that one), and GC/GSO still to go.

S0LiD ST4T3

@NorthwindJME Just wanted to let you know that you should change the name of your skins so that they are not still that of the example pack okhaveagoodday
should apply to Everybody in my honest opinion.

i HATE having to rename texture folders and everything to install them. just save everyone the trouble

danke! (German>English (rough) translation: Thanks!)

As part of streamlining my workflow when editing textures, I made a bunch of .xcf files(the default GIMP file type) to use as templates, corresponding to the 1, 2, and 3 .png files. I grouped together a bunch of empty layers tailored to the sizes and shapes of different regions textures are applied to entities in the game. A little tricky to explain, but it makes sense to me. Nothing particularly ordered or labeled; I tried with one set of layers but it's too much effort for too little usefulness. Anyways, I made it mostly for me, but I figured I'd put it up in case anyone else wants to give it a shot?

Would it be too much to ask that you tell me my file is too big before you attempt to download it? Could you? Would it really be that hard? You can read the file size before you download. I know you can.

Attachments