Custom Filter Groups Suggestion

Pupudski

Mar 26, 2016
I find that the current categories that you can use for filters is not enough because some categories that I would really like to filter are missing (e.g. fuels, rare / expensive items, items usable in fabricator etc).

This could be fixed by adding a way to create groups of items to filter, in a similar way you can create a filter for a single item. This stops the need for endless single-item filters just to filter out a group from a base's conveyor belt system, like having to set up an individual filter for every single refined fuel which could be solved by adding multiple items to the same filter.

Also, I'd love to have a filter which accepts everything EXCEPT a certain group (e.g. not alloys, not fuels)

Thanks for reading :)

Last edited:
Reactions: zanzistar

harpo99999

Ah kick till it starts
Aug 14, 2014
australia
it is possible for a filter to filter ONE resource type by placing one of the resource on the filter,
BUT I also would like general categories like fuel (both raw and refined)

ilikegoodfood

Oct 9, 2014
United Kingdom
I would also like to be able to add items to a filter. When I first used them I automatically tried holding left-shift, but no luck.
An inverse filter is also very much needed, that way I can say; all Fuels out here, everything except fuels out there, and any fuels that got past the first filter would circle back around.

zanzistar

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
Aug 13, 2014
London
it is possible for a filter to filter ONE resource type by placing one of the resource on the filter,
BUT I also would like general categories like fuel (both raw and refined)
The plan for filters is to allow these ^

Unfortunately creating custom filters is outside of the plan for now, we could introduce a more advanced filter later, but not for now.

The groups will be:
  • Filter All Items
  • Filter None
  • Filter Specific Item Only - eg. Wood
  • Filter All Derivatives of a Specific Item - eg. Wood & Hydrocarb Capsules
  • Filter All Un-refined Items - eg. Wood, Plumbite, Luxite, Carbite etc.
  • Filter All Refined Items - eg. Hydrocarb, Plumbia, Luxian, Carbius etc.
  • Filter All Fuel Items - eg. Wood, Hydrocarb, Carbius, Oleite etc.
There are no current plans to filter by rarity or value, to get that behaviour you may need to set up specific filters or several specific filters looking for specific chunks and their derivatives.

Filters will also be avilable much earlier in the game. They've moved to Grade 2 GSO.

Reactions: Jamie

zanzistar

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
Aug 13, 2014
London
The crafting update is not part of the next stable update (due in 3 weeks), but likely will be in the one after.