CUSTOM BLOCKS

Rafs

Collecting the Infinity Terminals
Venture Chassis Blocks
+ BONUS Extra Long Block

=>Update October 12th - Fixed icon saturation.

VentureChassis.png

Venture Chassis One Block

Size: 1x1x1
Grade : 2
Price : 453
Health : 200
Mass : 0.3
-Recipe
PlumbiaIngot (1)
TitaniaIngot (1)
RuggedFiblar (1)
-------------------------------------------------
Venture Chassis Two Block

Size: 2x1x1
Grade : 3
Price : 816
Health : 400
Mass : 0.6
-Recipe
PlumbiaIngot (2)
TitaniaIngot (1)
RuggedFiblar (2)
Venture Chassis Three Block

Size: 3x1x1
Price : 594
Health : 675
Mass : 2.25
-Recipe
PlumbiaIngot (3)
TitaniaIngot (2)
RuggedFiblar (3)
Venture Extra Long Block

Price : 1929
Health : 1500
-Recipe
FibronChunk (3)
PlumbiaIngot (3)
TitaniaIngot (3)

The chassis blocks fill the role of being the lowest density structure blocks (with all APs) in the game, a place currently held by BF Chassis Blocks.

Ever since BF Chassis blocks came, I thought something was unbalanced in the game design. Venture should have the lightest blocks, in all situations. So I made them these extra light chassis blocks, and gave them a design which I liked a lot, resembling those rally cars and buggies with reinforced bars around the cabin and very little else.

Some stats comparisons:

VEN Standard Block (1 block)
Price : 198
Health : 225
Mass : 0.75

BF Chassis One (4 blocks)
Price : 384/cell
Health : 300/cell
Mass : 0.45/cell

The Venture Chassis blocks are slightly more expensive/cell than BF chassis blocks and a lot more than VEN blocks, as they hold a very specialized role, and thus their attractiveness in many designs will be high (such as planes or tech interiors). They have the lowest health/cell, thus forcing careful thinking for placement, being a little more fragile than the already fragile VEN block. The lowest density makes it the absolute king of light builds.

All in all I think this is a welcome addition to the game.

The Venture Extra Long Block is a little plus on the set, I think the game was missing this block for "extra long" time xD I mean, they have Z blocks already, Venture could have even 4 blocks long blocks if you stretched the Z.
And that's another design I liked a lot, the Extra Long Block even has a "hole" in it similar to the long beak block (with a curved part), thus keeping a lot of the visual/design identity for long venture blocks.

I absolutely love this set and it's my favorite until now, hope everyone likes it and the devs really consider the models and balancing provided.
Thanks!

Attachments

Last edited:

Green4Gaming

Mindless Dominion Leader
Venture Chassis Blocks
+ BONUS Extra Long Block

View attachment 28945

-Recipe
PlumbiaIngot (1)
TitaniaIngot (1)
RuggedFiblar (1)
Venture Chassis Two Block

Price : 816
Health : 400
Mass : 0.6
-Recipe
PlumbiaIngot (2)
TitaniaIngot (1)
RuggedFiblar (2)
Venture Chassis Three Block

Price : 594
Health : 675
Mass : 2.25
-Recipe
PlumbiaIngot (3)
TitaniaIngot (2)
RuggedFiblar (3)
Venture Extra Long Block

Price : 1929
Health : 1500
-Recipe
FibronChunk (3)
PlumbiaIngot (3)
TitaniaIngot (3)

The chassis blocks fill the role of being the lowest density structure blocks (with all APs) in the game, a place currently held by BF Chassis Blocks.

Ever since BF Chassis blocks came, I thought something was unbalanced in the game design. Venture should have the lightest blocks, in all situations. So I made them these extra light chassis blocks, and gave them a design which I liked a lot, resembling those rally cars and buggies with reinforced bars around the cabin and very little else.

Some stats comparisons:

VEN Standard Block (1 block)
Price : 198
Health : 225
Mass : 0.75

BF Chassis One (4 blocks)
Price : 384/cell
Health : 300/cell
Mass : 0.45/cell

The Venture Chassis blocks are slightly more expensive/cell than BF chassis blocks and a lot more than VEN blocks, as they hold a very specialized role, and thus their attractiveness in many designs will be high (such as planes or tech interiors). They have the lowest health/cell, thus forcing careful thinking for placement, being a little more fragile than the already fragile VEN block. The lowest density makes it the absolute king of light builds.

All in all I think this is a welcome addition to the game.

The Venture Extra Long Block is a little plus on the set, I think the game was missing this block for "extra long" time xD I mean, they have Z blocks already, Venture could have even 4 blocks long blocks if you stretched the Z.
And that's another design I liked a lot, the Extra Long Block even has a "hole" in it similar to the long beak block (with a curved part), thus keeping a lot of the visual/design identity for long venture blocks.

I absolutely love this set and it's my favorite until now, hope everyone likes it and the devs really consider the models and balancing provided.
Thanks!
It not much, but enough to make a grown man cry.

Rafs

Better Future Hover Deflectors

Hover_Deflectors.png
Better Future Small Hover Deflector

Category: Flight
Price : 7659
Health : 300
Mass : 0.7
-Recipe
FibrePlating (1)
RuggedFiblar (1)
HardLightDrive (1)
ZeroPointSplitter (1)
Better Future Medium Hover Deflector

Price : 12504
Health : 600
Mass : 1.4
-Recipe
FibrePlating (2)
RuggedFiblar (2)
HardLightDrive (1)
ZeroPointSplitter (2)
Better Future Large Hover Deflector

Size: 2x2x1
Price : 20163
Health : 1200
Mass : 2.8
-Recipe
FibrePlating (3)
RuggedFiblar (3)
HardLightDrive (2)
ZeroPointSplitter (3)

"A special block that will repel any Hover close enough to interact with it, creating powerful forces and increasing aerial control."

These blocks are the optimal (and expensive) replacement for wheels in common "Hoverbug" setups, being quite light, having decent health, and plenty of APs ("below" APs don't appear in the photo but they are there). They work in any direction, the blue panel is just decorative.

They are also a suggestion for the devs as a more legitimate Hoverbug piece for replacing wheels entirely. In other words, devs could fix wheels to not interact with hovers, and have only this as the option available.
This possible change would have interesting balance effects in the game as it would make the hoverbug a more costly and endgame feature, without losing any of its current capabilities, thus decreasing the OP aspect.
Fixing wheels to not interact with hovers would break many legacy techs, but I think this will happen someday sooner or later.

Another less aggressive dev aproach to this could be:

1. Implement this block into the game, still having wheels enabled of interacting with hovers, but locking wheel rotations. This would not break legacy techs, but would incentivize people to stop using wheels for their hoverbugs.
2. Wait 6 months to a year, let the Tech population renew, and then fix wheels for once. Old Legacy Hoverbug techs would probably be broken for other reasons by then, so there would be little complaints.

And there are many other possibilities that don't break techs or anything, I'm just considering approaches. I think this is also better than doing away entirely with hoverbugs in some possible future.

That way you implement the hoverbug into the game without being a bug, but a real legitimate feature. That's why the high cost of these blocks, they were imagined for a world where wheels didn't exist as options, and the "hoverbug" being OP as it is, would have a fair cost.

I also have plans for complete "Hoverbug" Blocks (blocks with "virtual" wheels and hovers inside of it, in many variations, as another possibly legitimate alternative to hoverbugs).

Stay tuned for more and thanks for reading! As always, hope you all like these blocks!

And HUGE thanks to WhitePaw for making this possible with some code magic :)

Attachments

Last edited:

Rafs

Hawkeye Composite Plates

CompositePlates.png
Hawkeye Small Composite Plate

Category: Standard
Price : 1206
Health : 1250
Mass : 1
-Recipe
PlumbiaIngot (3)
TitaniaIngot (2)
CarbiusBrick (2)
HardenedTitanic (1)
Hawkeye Medium Composite Plate

Price : 2184
Health : 2500
Mass : 2
-Recipe
CarbiusBrick (4)
PlubonicGreebles (2)
HardenedTitanic (2)
Hawkeye Large Composite Plate

Size: 2x2x1
Price : 2934
Health : 5000
Mass : 4
-Recipe
CarbiusBrick (6)
LuxianCrystal (2)
PlubonicAlloy (1)
TitanicAlloy (1)

"A different kind of armour plate made of hardened mineral composites, developed to better absorb bullets and laser shots.
Popularly called 'stone plating', these heavy blocks are no easy task to carry around."

This special type of armour plate has them made of "rock" (in terms of how they absorb damage from different sources).
Annexed is the chart that shows the strengths and weaknesses of each "damageabletype".

The rock type is used exclusively in rocks around the overworld, but I saw a lot of potential on a block with these properties.
It can absorb lasers and bullets much better than armour, being weak to major impacts like melee weapons, hammers or collisions from missiles and cannon shells.
It's neutral to explosions, unlike Armour type, that halves the damage.
It's also immune to fire but this doesn't matter much with the current game weapons (only one "pure fire" flamethrower).

As for the stats, I made this set much heavier than HE Armour Plates, increasing mass/cell by 120% and HP/cell by 25% (from 0.45 to 1, from 1000 to 1250). And a price increase.
Also, it will never fall off the tech during combat. Unyilding.

All in all, these stats and lore give it the uniqueness of being a very "heavy duty" armour plate, not the best for any battle or situation, but decent, and breathes some welcoming variety to defensive designs.
And Hawkeye gets a secondary set of armouring for one to choose from, because why not? They're all about combat and military stuff!

Hope you all enjoy it ;D

Attachments

Last edited:

Nuke_Pulse

Bohemian engineer
Website
www.twitch.tv
Forgot to put this here, but here it is!

View attachment 26605
DEATH BEAM (ignore dark theme that's different)
A super-strong long-range laser that can easily tear, wear, drain and destroy.

As with the other blocks, all you need to do is download the zip and extract it in your Custom Blocks folder.

This also takes advantage of a GameObject Hierarchy JSON Parser that I made a while ago and never finished until recently. So, you can also use this as an example on how to make your own crazy stuff (without compiling a C# mod)
Screenshot_50.png

I believe your beam is sideways, brother.

WhitePaw2002

Modding Husky
Website
github.com
View attachment 29075

I believe your beam is sideways, brother.
(That tends to happen with the line renderer when it is trying to resize too close. Not much I could've done)
Are they actually hitting something? I don't remember the beams ending off like that, or the deathbeam being so short

Rafs

Hawkeye Blast Walls & Columns

BlastWallsAndColumns.png
Hawkeye Small Blast Column

Price : 1239
Health : 1800
Mass : 6
-Recipe
PlumbiaIngot (2)
LuxianCrystal (1)
CarbiusBrick (3)
HardenedTitanic (1)

"A hefty column consisting of densely packed mineral composites, capable of surviving large caliber weapons and heavy bombing. Commonly used as the internal structure of bunkers."
Hawkeye Three Block Blast Wall

Size: 3x2x1
Price : 2637
Health : 4800
Mass : 15
-Recipe
PlumbiaIngot (4)
LuxianCrystal (3)
CarbiusBrick (6)
TitanicAlloy (1)

Hawkeye Wide Four Block Blast Wall

Size: 4x3x1
Price : 3912
Health : 9600
Mass : 30
-Recipe
PlumbiaIngot (4)
LuxianCrystal (4)
CarbiusBrick (8)
TitanicAlloy (1)

"A hefty Blast Wall for you to build your personal fortress, made of hardened aggregated mineral composites in a dense configuration, capable of standing prolongued fire like no other material."

This set of Blast Walls and Pillars is a derivation of my Composite Plates set, a concept I liked a lot working with so I made it into "construction blocks", keeping the tanky, hefty aspect (also, all these blocks are rock damagetype as well).

Being rockdamagetype, these walls and pillars will do greatly against bullets and lasers, also being fireproof. Their weakness is impact (hammers, ramming techs, drills) and plasma, while being neutral to explosions.

These blocks are pretty much what they look like, and the intended uses are very intuitive: it's a block for building well-defended bases and turrets, not so much for mobile techs (perhaps on key parts like the core of a tech, or a vulnerable side, anywhere else the added weight/inertia might not be worth it). It opens up a lot of aesthetic possibilities too.

Hope you all like it, thanks!

Attachments

Legionite

LegionKnight
Website
forum.terratechgame.com
The Big Bertha Gun is a painful thing to watch in combat.
It doesn't really do too much for it's cumbersome size...

GSOBigBerthaCannon.png
. . .

The Hawkeye Battleship Cannon laughs in its face every fight...

But what happens if we turn back to the days of 0.7.7 and save Big Bertha from its gruesome fate?
BigBerthaHeavyArtilleryGun.png
Before it was stripped of its wheels, anchor and AI?

And then we go back to the present with it?

20191003232621_1.jpg 20191003232736_1.jpg

Rafs

Hawkeye Double Sloped Blocks

DoubleSlopedBlocks.png
Hawkeye Double Sloped Block

Grade : 1
Price : 723
Health : 700
Mass : 1.5
-Recipe
PlumbiaIngot (2)
TitaniaIngot (2)
LuxianCrystal (1)
HardenedTitanic (1)
Hawkeye Double Sloped Two Block

Price : 1296
Health : 1400
-Recipe
PlumbiaIngot (3)
TitaniaIngot (3)
LuxianCrystal (1)
HardenedTitanic (2)
Hawkeye Double Sloped Corner Block

Price : 1056
Health : 850
-Recipe
PlumbiaIngot (2)
TitaniaIngot (2)
LuxianCrystal (1)
HardenedTitanic (2)

"The Double Sloped blocks are a series of angled Hawkeye blocks with side Attachment Points, helping a Tech keeping its structural integrity during combat while providing some cover."

A simple set of blocks that came from the lack of small sloped blocks in Hawkeye with side APs (there used to be in newer half blocks, but devs considered it a bug and purged it). These blocks enable more builder freedom and creativity and thus are welcome into the game, even if just for a cosmetic use (although I took the care to make them balanced in quantity of APs/HP/price, as always, for a Vanilla-like experience).

That's it ;)

Attachments

Rafs

Better Future Vector Engine
by Rafs&WhitePaw

BF_Vector_Engine_Icon.png
Price : 11925
Health : 600
Mass : 1
-Recipe
Celestian Crystal (2)
RuggedFiblar (2)
ZeroPointSplitter (1)
ThermoJet (1)

"The Vector Engine uses self-contained hovering technology to introduce eternal motion in the direction it is facing at, while also improving movement in other directions through complex gravitational distortion mechanisms."

This flight block has two virtual things inside of it, a GSO Terraphobe Hover Plate (you can see its hover halo effect) and a Collider that simulates the hoverbug "wheel", or for those who don't know the hoverbug, it's basically the "terrain" the hover would be constantly repelling. This creates constant motion in one direction, among other nice effects. Place two of these facing each other and you get more stability and better braking when you stop moving. The list of nice effects is long, so you gotta try it yourself!

Self-containing the "hoverbug" in one block makes it easier for anyone to try it, to tinker with its functions, to make nice new Techs that do a number of unique and crazy things, I really hope this mod inspires some kind of official hoverbug addition into the game.

I may add more blocks to this set of "hoverbug engines" with more hoverbug configurations around a central "triggering collider" (the common hoverbug wheel), we just need to figure out some more stuff with the physics.

Hope you all enjoy!

Attachments

Last edited:

Legionite

LegionKnight
Website
forum.terratechgame.com
Everyone:

No one:
It's a Bird

It's a Plane!

no it's a T.R.E.N.
20191005211441_1.jpg 20191005210715_1.jpg
GottaGoFast

This is literally just an HE Counter AI cab that is re-scaled and buffed so that it looks, and works like a train to for-fill your non-existant dreams.

Attachments

Last edited: