CUSTOM BLOCKS

Nooboid

Not A Noob
I'd recommend having a grid/mesh thing in the middle, if you're going for mirroring the octoblock.

Rafs

Collecting the Infinity Terminals
I mirrored just the AP distribution, edited for clarity.

Green4Gaming

Mindless Dominion Leader
Venture Chassis Blocks
+ BONUS Extra Long Block

View attachment 28945

Venture Chassis One Block

Size: 1x1x1
Grade : 2
Price : 453
Health : 200
Mass : 0.3
-Recipe
PlumbiaIngot (1)
TitaniaIngot (1)
RuggedFiblar (1)
-------------------------------------------------
Venture Chassis Two Block

Size: 2x1x1
Grade : 3
Price : 816
Health : 400
Mass : 0.6
-Recipe
PlumbiaIngot (2)
TitaniaIngot (1)
RuggedFiblar (2)
Venture Chassis Three Block

Size: 3x1x1
Price : 594
Health : 675
Mass : 2.25
-Recipe
PlumbiaIngot (3)
TitaniaIngot (2)
RuggedFiblar (3)
Venture Extra Long Block

Size: 3x1x1
Price : 1929
Health : 1500
-Recipe
FibronChunk (3)
PlumbiaIngot (3)
TitaniaIngot (3)

The chassis blocks fill the role of being the lowest density structure blocks (with all APs) in the game, a place currently held by BF Chassis Blocks.

Ever since BF Chassis blocks came, I thought something was unbalanced in the game design. Venture should have the lightest blocks, in all situations. So I made them these extra light chassis blocks, and gave them a design which I liked a lot, resembling those rally cars and buggies with reinforced bars around the cabin and very little else.

Some stats comparisons:

Venture Chassis One Block
Price : 453
Health : 200

VEN Standard Block (1 block)
Price : 198
Health : 225
Mass : 0.75

BF Chassis One (4 blocks)
Price : 384/cell
Health : 300/cell
Mass : 0.45/cell

The Venture Chassis blocks are slightly more expensive/cell than BF chassis blocks and a lot more than VEN blocks, as they hold a very specialized role, and thus their attractiveness in many designs will be high (such as planes or tech interiors). They have the lowest health/cell, thus forcing careful thinking for placement, being a little more fragile than the already fragile VEN block. The lowest density makes it the absolute king of light builds.

All in all I think this is a welcome addition to the game.

The Venture Extra Long Block is a little plus on the set, I think the game was missing this block for "extra long" time xD I mean, they have Z blocks already, Venture could have even 4 blocks long blocks if you stretched the Z.
And that's another design I liked a lot, the Extra Long Block even has a "hole" in it similar to the long beak block (with a curved part), thus keeping a lot of the visual/design identity for long venture blocks.

I absolutely love this set and it's my favorite until now, hope everyone likes it and the devs really consider the models and balancing provided.
Thanks!
It not much, but enough to make a grown man cry.

Nuke_Pulse

Bohemian engineer
Website
www.twitch.tv
Forgot to put this here, but here it is!

View attachment 26605
DEATH BEAM (ignore dark theme that's different)
A super-strong long-range laser that can easily tear, wear, drain and destroy.

As with the other blocks, all you need to do is download the zip and extract it in your Custom Blocks folder.

This also takes advantage of a GameObject Hierarchy JSON Parser that I made a while ago and never finished until recently. So, you can also use this as an example on how to make your own crazy stuff (without compiling a C# mod)
Screenshot_50.png

I believe your beam is sideways, brother.

WhitePaw2002

Modding Husky
Website
github.com
View attachment 29075

I believe your beam is sideways, brother.
(That tends to happen with the line renderer when it is trying to resize too close. Not much I could've done)
Are they actually hitting something? I don't remember the beams ending off like that, or the deathbeam being so short