CUSTOM BLOCKS

Website
duckduckgo.com
The GSO Thermal Beam, a static long-range beam which deals fire-type damage. That's it really. screen225.png
screen229.png
Update log:
-Made the beam actually do fire damage
-Made beam cheaper, now requires 2 Heat Coils instead of 2 Plasma Emitters
-Lowered damage to 750, from 850

IMPORTANT:
I'm lazy so any future updates to this block will be found HERE: https://forum.terratechgame.com/index.php?threads/quackblocks™.20014/

Attachments

Last edited:
Website
duckduckgo.com
Big news:

I am an idiot and forgot to tell the Thermal Beam to only do fire damage. However, @Licflagg has used it to make a miner and suggested I keep the broken Thermal Beam around for that purpose. As such, the old version of the thermal beam will soon be rebranded the Plasma Beam, a shorter range beam which uses a modified thermal beam model and deals plasma damage. The original post of the Thermal Beam will contain both the new and old versions of the beam until I make the model for the Plasma Beam.

Any existing creations with the old Thermal Beam will have them replaced with the Plasma Beam once it's finished, the new Thermal Beam will have its own block ID.

Cloud

Big news:

I am an idiot and forgot to tell the Thermal Beam to only do fire damage. However, @Licflagg has used it to make a miner and suggested I keep the broken Thermal Beam around for that purpose. As such, the old version of the thermal beam will soon be rebranded the Plasma Beam, a shorter range beam which uses a modified thermal beam model and deals plasma damage. The original post of the Thermal Beam will contain both the new and old versions of the beam until I make the model for the Plasma Beam.

Any existing creations with the old Thermal Beam will have them replaced with the Plasma Beam once it's finished, the new Thermal Beam will have its own block ID.
Ah, you ain't an idiot. Everyone makes mistakes, quack sensei.
Yes I remember all that. Even the corny birb blessings. : p

Website
duckduckgo.com

Attachments

Last edited:
Website
duckduckgo.com
The GSO Thermal Beam, a static long-range beam which deals fire-type damage. That's it really. View attachment 29558
View attachment 29559
Update log:
-Made the beam actually do fire damage
-Made beam cheaper, now requires 2 Heat Coils instead of 2 Plasma Emitters
-Lowered damage to 750, from 850

IMPORTANT:
Delete old Thermal Beam folder before adding the new one.
Update available!

Go get it.

Zonko

The new beam is cool.

But i think something went wrong for me.
Both beams are the same length/range, and the aiming is a bit strange.
Like, some aim, otheres don't, and some aim in strange directions.
And yes, i did scrub the old beam BEWFORE i installed the new one.

Website
duckduckgo.com
ike, some aim, otheres don't, and some aim in strange directions.
I remember this being a vanilla bug with weapons not returning to their normal position after shooting at an enemy. I'll take a look at it though.

The Thermal Beam should be longer than targeting range, while the Plasma Beam should be just slightly less than targeting range. I'll see if I accidentally messed up the range values, though I did test this before releasing them.

EDIT: I checked and the Plasma Beam JSON is correct at 100 range, and the Thermal beam at 180 range.

Website
duckduckgo.com
The new beam is cool.

But i think something went wrong for me.
Both beams are the same length/range, and the aiming is a bit strange.
Like, some aim, otheres don't, and some aim in strange directions.
And yes, i did scrub the old beam BEWFORE i installed the new one.
I checked in game and both lasers definitely have different ranges.
screen231.png

Also, if the picture below is the same as the aiming issue you have, I'm afraid it's a vanilla bug with weapons not completely returning to their original rotation when no enemies are nearby.
screen232.png

Seth_Seth

Possibly trying to get himself to play TT
with the newest update of TT unstable all of my mods dont work anymore anyone knows why?
The current unstable done broke most mods ._.
Stable still works, so stay on it if you want to use mods (until the Devs make the unstable stable)

Potato

Tinkerer of Titäns
LK Bunker Cab

A very tough cab with all the Tech UIs installed. It also has twin 3-pounders on top. It doesn't have wheels though.

The goal for this Cab are the following:
  1. Create a block that combines all functionalities of the UI blocks (Altimeter, Speedometer, Fuel and Power Gauge)
  2. Create a very tough cab that can finally be used outside of a Tech, instead of being hidden.
Both of those goals are perfect for large Techs, both in function and aesthetics.

INSTRUCTIONS:

Unzip the file. If you already have an existing "Lemon Kingdom Blocks" folder, do not delete it, as the cab will be automatically be placed there.

Edit: Prior to update 1.3.4 Stable, the LK Bunker Cab has a gun bug that removes its textures. Please download the update below to fix this.

LK_bunker_cab_icon.png

Attachments

Last edited:

gwlegion

after trying there is a problem ... with all custom blocks...
think the problem is with block injector ... not with my raw ressource blocks.

will check that with @WhitePaw2002

Last edited:

Seth_Seth

I found that i could not scrap custom blocks before the update.
Pretty sure this is an issue with the Block Injector itself, if you reload a save at all it tends to break the ability to scrap modded blocks, you can still save the game and keep the ability to scrap however, it's just that you'll have to restart the game when you reload a save or go to another save and want to be able to scrap modded blocks

._.

Zonko

Pretty sure this is an issue with the Block Injector itself, if you reload a save at all it tends to break the ability to scrap modded blocks, you can still save the game and keep the ability to scrap however, it's just that you'll have to restart the game when you reload a save or go to another save and want to be able to scrap modded blocks

._.
Uh, what?
so i restart the whole game from the launcher and go from there?
Because that's not so bad.

Seth_Seth

Uh, what?
so i restart the whole game from the launcher and go from there?
Because that's not so bad.
Pretty much, it's a bit annoying to have to restart TerraTech every time you want to reload a save or load another save and want to be able to scrap modded blocks, but it isn't really too bad