CUSTOM BLOCKS

Are you looking at all of the techs that people just dump onto the Workshop or the stuff that's actually quality?
Both. The workshop, wheree a lot of them ate clearely there to look cool, but even the functional ones barely bother with armour, save maybe one pice over a battery.
But look at the techs you enocounter, and build yourself.
If you want a fighter, you don't cover it in armour and have 2 guns.
You build loads of guns, batteriesd and shields.
Armour? why? guns ARE armour.
I think armour needs work, and guns need some sort of nerf.
Maybe if armour blocked explosions, and guns were more fragile or womething?

stickman_king_28

insert joke here
I'm kinda with seth and the birb. I know what you're thinking im going to say: "oh zonko stop being a jerk no drama blah blah"
and yes, I am kind of saying that. Sure, those blocks are just more armor, but armor does nothing, so they're pointless. However, you can't say that someone's mod is bad without actually having a reason to criticize other than "this is a dumb idea cause i dont like armor" Also, the devs are working on *gasp* Making the gun pyramid not a godsend anymore? Yeah ok the "guns as armor" meta is, in my opinion, JUST MY OPINION, dumb, but whatever cause i said something and its a personal attack on you, because it's all about what you think, isn't it? Besides, it's a mod, its unofficial. Don't get your megatons in a wad just because people want armor that looks different. Why can't we have a tech with form AND function? Finally, dude stop with the personal attacks, we know you want attention and to act high and mighty by putting others down, but please, don't make this worse.

Seth_Seth

A hecking train wreck
Website
sites.google.com
Both. The workshop, where a lot of them are clearly there to look cool, but even the functional ones barely bother with armour, save maybe one piece over a battery.
But look at the techs you encounter, and build yourself.
If you want a fighter, you don't cover it in armour and have 2 guns.
You build loads of guns, batteries and shields.
Armour? why? guns ARE armour.
I think armour needs work, and guns need some sort of nerf.
Maybe if armour blocked explosions, and guns were more fragile or something?
Hmm, is there another thread we can take this discussion too? (also fixed up the spelling in that quote)

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
OK, this is drawing a line under the unnecessary confrontation between @Zonko and @Rafs. No more back and forth on this, thank you both.

I think this thread is primarily intended for posting modded block content, so keep critique to a minimum. Maybe @WhitePaw2002 could edit in something to that effect at the top of the top post, to make it clear. It's good to keep comments relating to game balance sep[arate, in the feedback section, as you have with the new gun weight thread.]

Also, try to find more sympathetic interpretations of things other say, if there is any doubt. Assume misunderstanding on their part, or your and work from there.

Mods are already considering purging all of your messages
Please do not second guess the potential actions of moderators, or use them as a threat to other forum users. Use the report system or private message a mod if arguments are escalating, etc.

Last edited:

Potato

Tinkerer of Titäns
it's not 2x2x2 ??? like a GC block ?
Its size is 2x2x2, yes. :) And yes, I'm aware that it looks complicated for a basic block, but my design choice for LK is "make it as cool as you can, add thick armor plates, lots of doodads, lots of hexagonal shapes" which leads to that busy-looking design.

Last edited:

eddie

Forever thonk, dis is ma philosophy
@Zonko TT is unbalanced and people although not completely satisfied but still like the way it is, if you want balance, go talk to devs in suggestions, not staying here and try so hard to defend your argument, you we will never get what you want when you talk to the wrong person.
It just a mod, it's free, and you have the choice not to download it, if you don't like the mod, one post to talk about your opinion is pretty much enough, everyone here gets that, but you choose to put effort into prove that you are right and everyone is wrong, and also you made a mistake of comparing modder and dev's work, you paid devs, mod is free, you're like getting a free smart phone and kept arguing that they should have gave you iPhone X, if you went too far on asking modder to make things your way, you're kind of a choosing beggar.
And finally if you really liked the look but don't like the stats, you can totally go to the file and change it anyway you like, if you can read it that is ( is really not that hard, even I can do it)

Last edited:

Potato

Tinkerer of Titäns
LK Small Lemonade Battery

Yes, you heard it right, it's a lemon-powered battery. Thanks to @Licflagg for the base model, codework and initial concept.

Same as the other LK blocks, it's very heavy for its size and also expensive, but it has twice the battery capacity as an HE battery and more than double the HP. A future mod update would hopefully stop it from exploding like a regular battery.

icon.png

Capture2.PNG

Attachments

Sozin

Dog Emperor
HE Mimir Panopticon
HE_Rangefinder.png
2x2x2 expensive radar that triples detection and targeting range. (doesn't change manual targeting range).
Due to a marginal desire for balans, this thing is craftable only (HE Tier 4, which means no random drop, but can still craft)

op.png

UPDATE: apparently moduleVision defaults to a 180 degree arc forwards, which explains the failures I was having. Said "bug" has now been fixed

Attachments

Last edited:

eddie

Forever thonk, dis is ma philosophy
HE Mimir Panopticon
View attachment 29454
2x2x2 expensive radar that triples detection and targeting range. (doesn't change manual targeting range).
Due to a marginal desire for balans, this thing is craftable only (HE Tier 4, which means no random drop, but can still craft)

View attachment 29453
nice work, I think vanilla raidar should have this kind of feature but sadly they don't

Sozin

Dog Emperor
nice work ... is it possible to make it fire in sequencial mod ?
If you want it sequential fire, modify the json yourself. As policy, I always make multi-barrel burst fire. Relevant bits should be under ModuleWeaponGun

Potato

Tinkerer of Titäns
Hello again, this is the first modded block that I'm confident in saying that I made most of the codework. This is the first modded wheel I think (Raf said so), so that's nice. Thanks to @Legionite for that thicc, THICC, THICCCC tire track codework.

LK Crusader Armored Wheel

It's mainly designed for Landships and other large Tech builds. It's very durable (it uses the Armor block type), has excellent grip and carrying capacity. But, it's slow, heavy, expensive and has a poor turning radius. Like all LK blocks, it can only be built, not bought - you have to work for these wheels.

LK_crusader_armored_wheel.png

Tech Examples:
Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Edit: Due to players having texture problems, I've repackaged all my blocks into one folder. All future blocks will be in this format so the textures will be automatically overwritten.

Attachments

Last edited: