CUSTOM BLOCKS

Potato

Tinkerer of Titäns
GSO Curved Blocks

View attachment 29378

---------------------------------------------------------------

"Round GSO block covered in armour plating, a mid-ground between a one block and a half block in terms of APs, health and weight."

This set has a similar concept of my Hawkeye Double Sloped Blocks, not as armored as a half block would be, not as light, but has neat side APs. It's a solid choice for covering any GSO tech, and the aesthetic provided is quite nice and a little retro. According to ZeroGravitas on Discord, it's "pleasant to look at" :D

Have fun!

View attachment 29380
Oh it looks so GSO! I'm downloading this pack when I get home from work lol

Cloud

Quoting what Rafs said above, EXACTLY. The comment by Zonko... Zonko, if you haven't even used the block and are essentially just assuming what they do, then where the heck did you get the right to randomly criticize his work? And you're using ego as an excuse? Pardon me, but Rafs is a good friend of mine, and he does not have any ego problems. Just, for the love of everything that is holy, pay more attention.

HeX

TerraTech Modder Manager
Can a moderator purge this thread of all the non custom block messages? They kinda take up space and aren't really on topic.
Edit: Also getting kinda toxic.

Last edited:
This block is not weaker than a one block, learn to read.
You didn't even open the file and is already criticizing my work, it's not about ego, it's about receiving nonsensical criticism over something I care a lot for.
A GSO One Block has 250 hp.
A GSO Half Block has 500.
The GSO Curved Block, 400.

Think like this: if i made the curved block have the same health as the half block, no one would use the half block, as it has fewer APs.

I did not create the AP balancing rule, it is present in many blocks in the game, I'm just following the wise choices of our devs. If you don't like that choice, open a feedback thread elsewhere, and good luck defending that.

I request you delete your comments made on the false assumption that a curved block has less health than a one block, I delete mine too and the thread becomes clean again, or else I'm gonna have to start my own Custom Blocks thread without this spamming of nonsense.
Uh, no?

I had criticism on multiple leves, only one of which was [has even less hitpoints that a regular block]
Half block is armour? Ok.

Still leaves the rest.

And the ego? "You are not the person to come here to tell me that guns are tough and they shoot, neither to teach me about armouring, for I have expanded the sets of armour blocks way beyond the devs could imagine (also, construction blocks are something no one else in the modding community ever cared to mess with, besides Exund's procedural blocks). "

That's it. Where you stand on your achievements, and put yourself above the devs.
"How dare i make any criticism of you, mighty modder, more imaginative even that nthe devs?"
That's my take from what you said.

Sorry, i offered some criticism, even telling you that i liked them.
And one part of that criticism was in error.
And then you went... what? Kim Kardashian?

So what if people prefer them to the originals?
Compare some of the other stuff on this thread.

A better way to respond might be "Maybe armour is underpowered, but this is a lighter form of armour that has more AP, and so i think it's balanced."
And that would have been the end of it.

Quoting what Rafs said above, EXACTLY. The comment by Zonko... Zonko, if you haven't even used the block and are essentially just assuming what they do, then where the heck did you get the right to randomly criticize his work? And you're using ego as an excuse? Pardon me, but Rafs is a good friend of mine, and he does not have any ego problems. Just, for the love of everything that is holy, pay more attention.
Doesn't matter if you're dating. They said what they said. Right there on the page.
And why is everyone assuming i didn't use or even download?

I get the right to criticise, because it's an open space.
I expressed an opinion that the balance was off, and there was little encouragement to use them.
The overeeaction spurred the rest.
And my origical criticism didn't mention half blocks at all.

We are allowed to disagree.

Saiko~Sama!

Saiko Kurogane · Always sleepy
Doesn't matter if you're dating. They said what they said. Right there on the page.
And why is everyone assuming i didn't use or even download?

I get the right to criticise, because it's an open space.
I expressed an opinion that the balance was off, and there was little encouragement to use them.
The overeeaction spurred the rest.
And my origical criticism didn't mention half blocks at all.

We are allowed to disagree.
Your criticism is nonsensical and unwarranted. Test a block before criticizing it. Claiming that Cloud and Rafs are dating is also nonsensical and false. Mods are already considering purging all of your messages, so do not respond with further toxicity or they may instill punishment. Have a good day.

EXCUSE ME!!?
You have crossed the line. You've really crossed the line.
Show me where. Show me the rude words, personal attacks, or anger. show me where i said or implied i knew better than anyone, esp the devs. Show me any of that other than 'i think this part is in error.'
And keep in mind, if this convo is above and beyond the board, i did not start the strees.

Saiko~Sama!

Saiko Kurogane · Always sleepy
Your criticism is nonsensical and unwarranted. Test a block before criticizing it. Claiming that Cloud and Rafs are dating is also nonsensical and false. Mods are already considering purging all of your messages, so do not respond with further toxicity or they may instill punishment. Have a good day.
Also, based on actual rules of blocks, Rafs' curved blocks are completely balanced. if they were just as good as the normal armored GSO blocks, then those blocks would become irrelevant and no one would use them over the curved ones.

Another thing i did not do. I siad "Doesn't matter if you're dating. "
how good of a friend someone is, doesn't make them right or wrong.
And how would you know what the mods are doing?

soirry, but if responding when attacked is toxic, what does that make the attack?

Also, based on actual rules of blocks, Rafs' curved blocks are completely balanced. if they were just as good as the normal armored GSO blocks, then those blocks would become irrelevant and no one would use them over the curved ones.
You might be right.
But i'm wondering why not using the original blocks is bad.
Go look on the steam workshop.
Very few techs use any significant armour.

Seth_Seth

A hecking train wreck
Website
sites.google.com
You might be right.
But i'm wondering why not using the original blocks is bad.
Go look on the steam workshop.
Very few techs use any significant armour.
Are you looking at all of the techs that people just dump onto the Workshop or the stuff that's actually quality?