Current state of Multiplayer -- January 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamie

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
BIG THANKS to everyone who's tested the Multiplayer Pre-Alpha so far. We've had some great feedback since we released it to you all just before Christmas and we're excited to see what you guys think of the upcoming changes/improvements.

We have an update coming soon with a new lobby system that allows you to search for games in progress and join them. This will make it a whole lot easier to find people to play with. Not-so-distant future updates will come with

Creative Mode Multiplayer - coming in the update or two after that.

Making Co-Op Creative closer to the Campaign experience (fighting enemies, exploring a world etc) is on the list, but requires a lot of work. So we're unsure how far we'll get with them before 1.0.

Co-Op Campaign has been taken off the to-list for now. It's obviously something that we've always wanted to do with TerraTech, but it's looking too difficult...and probably isn't even possible with how the game is currently coded. We need to focus on getting the rest of the game finished up and optimised before 1.0.

MP_02.png

Last edited:

Nightblade Greyswandir

Nothing is good enough!
Website
ngttadventures.blogspot.se
I think that campaign as it is now should not be MP. Leveling in MP should not exist like in single player. So creative with block availability from campaign is what we actually want. And with new MP missions that are harder and requires cooperation. So do not bang your heads to copy experience from campaign to MP, as it is not what most of us want (correct me if I am wrong).

GamerParrish

Great work so far! I love the multiplayer experience, with the added bonus of blocky clicks like minecraft, the multiplayer fighting like CoD, and strategy like DOTA 2, makes for a co-op lego technic with guns!

I love this game so much, and I can't wait to see what comes next!

I have zero interest in PvP. :(
While I don't love PvP as much as I would enjoy PvE, I would have to say, try playing it for a while. It gets fun, I just wish there was more action and control.

Lost Ninja

While I don't love PvP as much as I would enjoy PvE, I would have to say, try playing it for a while. It gets fun, I just wish there was more action and control.
I have tried it, there are other better PvP games that I enjoy more.

I have yet to find a PvE game that has gone PvP that has ended up more enjoyable than the base PvE. This is (at this moment at least) no exception.

Not enormously bothered about having access to the Campaign within the multiplayer setting but co-operative survival should IMO be right at the top of the list of things to work on.

João Alves

Well to be completely honest I'm not too into this kind of mini games, altough I understand it's a good way to output new content, while testing things out.

I'd like to know what kind of problems (you Devs) think are making the campaign multiplayer, something not doable...
I have searched for a list or something like that for what those reasons are but found none (if you guys could point me to the thread with them I'd apreciate it :D, because I've been told it exists)

To me if we could have just a simple world ( even if finite ) with enemy techs from where to get blocks from, and resources, even if without missions and with or without friendly fire, that for me would be more than enough for the campaign multiplayer :)

Keep up the great work, and thanks for the awesome game and new content!

GamerParrish

If the devs could release an infinite creative world that would be great, that's all we really need for now. Campaign can wait, but something like a world in creative with infinite blocks and a wide open area would be great.

But for now, I understand your working with other things.

Mindlessmrawesome

BIG THANKS to everyone who's tested the Multiplayer Pre-Alpha so far. We've had some great feedback since we released it to you all just before Christmas and we're excited to see what you guys think of the upcoming changes/improvements.

We have an update coming soon with a new lobby system that allows you to search for games in progress and join them. This will make it a whole lot easier to find people to play with. Not-so-distant future updates will come with

Creative Mode Multiplayer - coming in the update or two after that.

Making Co-Op Creative closer to the Campaign experience (fighting enemies, exploring a world etc) is on the list, but requires a lot of work. So we're unsure how far we'll get with them before 1.0.

Co-Op Campaign has been taken off the to-list for now. It's obviously something that we've always wanted to do with TerraTech, but it's looking too difficult...and probably isn't even possible with how the game is currently coded. We need to focus on getting the rest of the game finished up and optimised before 1.0.

View attachment 20233
Hi Jamie
(btw the name's pronounced Mindless mister awesome, not mindless mer awesome as you pronounced it during the multiplayer stream about a week ago)

I would just like to say that I am fully supportive of your multiplayer efforts and will donate as many robux as you need to keep up the progress (I have lifetime OBC). If you ever need the additional support, just ask.

Sincerely,
Mindlessmrawesome

Lyons

Guess who's back. Back again
I want a fortnite like multiplayer
We vote on how much money we have. ranging from enough for small tech all the way to massive behemoths
It teleports us randomly to different parts of the map but we are still relatively close. We can then create techs with money or buy ones we have already made. The circle we are in starts to close in slowly. If you get out of the circle you have 10 seconds to get back in before you die!!!

Mr-Vagabond

Just a creative co-op is incredible enough I think, with a infinite world we can find sweet location made amazing base and interact with eatch other IN the game for exemple with multi-tech with multi-player, or just create minigame to plays with friend.

Just a word

Hype.

Status
Not open for further replies.