Crash tolerance too low on venture springer wheels, might need buffing

Olli_DXD

Räksmörgås
Dec 26, 2015
Linköping, Sweden
Over the last couple of days of playing around with the venture springer wheels I noticed how weak they were. Broke the wheels over 5 times just by driving up hills. That is why I feel like they need an overall health buff or just higher crash tolerance. Anyone else noticing this?

//Olli

streak1

Aug 30, 2015
steamcommunity.com
I think Venture in general is too fragile, whether it be propellers, front spoilers, wheels, etc. Bump into a tree, make a mistake when landing, broken.

If not a health buff, I think they should be more resistant to environmental damage. Not just springer wheels, but every block in the corp.

Reactions: Thunder Soul

Olli_DXD

Räksmörgås
Dec 26, 2015
Linköping, Sweden
I think Venture in general is too fragile, whether it be propellers, front spoilers, wheels, etc. Bump into a tree, make a mistake when landing, broken.

If not a health buff, I think they should be more resistant to environmental damage. Not just springer wheels, but every block in the corp.
I've kinda noticed that too. Neither GSO nor GEO can achieve the speed of Venture, but VEN still has the lowest crash tolerance of any corp in the game. It doesn't make sense at all to have a speedy tech when you just have your wheels broken off by going up a slope.

ilikegoodfood

Oct 9, 2014
United Kingdom
I think that it's because damage is simply damage. There aren't yet different types of damage based on source, such as fire damage for flamethrowers or crash-damage for collisions. Venture blocks have minimum health of the three available corps, so they also have the lowest crash resistance.
I might be wrong though. Just guessing.

Olli_DXD

Räksmörgås
Dec 26, 2015
Linköping, Sweden
I think that it's because damage is simply damage. There aren't yet different types of damage based on source, such as fire damage for flamethrowers or crash-damage for collisions. Venture blocks have minimum health of the three available corps, so they also have the lowest crash resistance.
I might be wrong though. Just guessing.
I know they have the minimum health but they also have the minimum crash tolerance which I think is wrong because of the high speeds they can achieve. You go up a hill, your wheel breaks, isn't that a little wrong?

P

Pink Kitty

I would imagine when damage classes come in, Venture will get huge impact resistance.
After all, they have ramming weapons, and a very high chance of crashing.

Thunder Soul

Oct 21, 2015
I would imagine when damage classes come in, Venture will get huge impact resistance.
After all, they have ramming weapons, and a very high chance of crashing.
Wait, what? Venture don't have ramming weapons, unless by that you mean kinetic. Also in that case I'm imagining GeoCorp techs with extreme resistanses, and anything from Venture including flamethrower doing literally 0 damage to them in any numbers. :D

But yeah, I also find that really weird. They should either make different types of damage or substantially increase Venture crash tolerance. It's not cool that literally every block in the bloody game have one same crash tolerance and just different numbers of hp.

P

Pink Kitty

@Thunder Soul @harpo99999 The Vibro blade is slated for venture, They just haven't got around to painting it r/w/b yet.

I don't see GeoCorp with any particular resistances. They don't need them, they just have masses of hit points.

Thunder Soul

Oct 21, 2015
@Thunder Soul

I don't see GeoCorp with any particular resistances. They don't need them, they just have masses of hit points.
That's most probably incorrect. They are a standalone mining corp, they need resistances against anything that they can encounter in process, including falling rocks and high temperatures. Okay, maybe it might be relatively low for generic blocks, but shock plates must be ultimate anti-everything-except-energy/plasma sort of defense, penetrable only by some big gun like Megaton and at least scratchable by 3-pound. I mean come on, it's literally almost a 1000mm of heavy armor by the looks of it.

Reactions: Jozroz