Crafty Mike

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by Gayvid`, Jul 3, 2018.

?

Do you like Crafty Mike?

1. Hell Yeah

4 vote(s)
    16.7%
  2. Yes

7 vote(s)
    29.2%
  3. Meh

8 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. No

3 vote(s)
    12.5%
  5. HE SUCKS

2 vote(s)
    8.3%
  1. Gayvid`

Gayvid` Yes, I'm a well-known member

Please Payload Studios, remove Crafty Mike! Every single game of TT I play I quit because of crafty mike, I hate sitting around and listening to him explain everything even though I know what it is. Can this be a first game type of thing then he doesn't come in the future where you restart your save? I would love to get the components fast without waiting. If you have seen my other threads where I constantly complain about missions, it's is because missions are slow and I'm fast paced and I love fast-paced games. Not games where you sit around doing nothing, improving the game can start by removing crafty mike, he's so annoying.

2. Lost Ninja

Lost Ninja Well-Known Member

I suggested that when you check "skip tutorials" you get to skip him as well... I cannot stand the guy he's creepy (IMO). And I'd be happy to just lose his mission rewards to get rid of him (you can totally ignore his missions and still unlock everything).

AstraTheDragon and WhitePaw2002 like this.
  3. Khaine

Khaine Well-Known Member

Seems unlikely they'll get rid of him, but a "skip tutorial" button wouldn't hurt. Although I think unlocking trading stations with a SCU is related to doing the first mission or something? Not sure.

4. Lost Ninja

It is, :(

My suggestion was to start the game with basic tech and everything unlocked/granted that was earned through tutorial missions. Solar, Radar, Battery, Inventory unlocked, Dirt wheels, etc.

5. reaperx1

reaperx1 Crazed Builder

I'd be happy if we could just click and skip to the next bit of dialogue as fast as we want in order to speed things along.
    It would go something like this Hey kiddo.... click.....did you know....click, click, click, mission complete :).
    Just a thought. Have a good one [8D)

6. Lord Zarnox

Lord Zarnox Founder of the IFTTES

It would be nice if he cought onto you skipping him and forced you to read a single line of him pointing it out, just for fun.

7. Lost Ninja

reaperx1, ifnotthe2nd and Galrex like this.
  8. reaperx1

reaperx1 Crazed Builder

That would be perfect for speeding through the crafty business missions. Have a good one [8D)

9. ZeroGravitas

ZeroGravitas Breaker of Games

The dialogue needs to be skipable, but others, yeah, just don't do them:
    Personally, I think there's a need for another2 or 3 Mike missions, to explain multiple Component Factories in automatic crafting, for a start.;)

10. Lost Ninja

First mission for Crafty Mike should have a "Do I know you?" If you say yes then he says something trite and creepy (like normal) and buggers off. If No then you get to experience his awfulness... ;)

11. Zed

Zed Well-Known Member

Crafty Mike is probably the single closest thing that TerraTech has to a "story mode" and should remain within the campaign.

During Speed-runs, I only opt for Crafty Mike missions during in-game night-time as they are so early in the campaign players have virtually zero batteries and end up remaining non-powered at night.

During Crafty Mike's "musings" I tend to rebuild / improve my tech to conserve time as the few clicks required for most of his missions are not that time intensive.

I suppose my only complaint about Crafty Mike in his current form is that there are venture brackets incorporated into his design. Crafty Mike should be a purely GSO tech.( @Anton )

12. Lost Ninja

Suzie (I think) and Sarge both have GSO parts.

13. Mehve

Mehve Well-Known Member

I recently tried a no-Mike run, but I couldn't, for the life of me, get my hands on a GSO fabricator. They wouldn't show up in the store, they wouldn't show up in any other missions... it could have just been really bad luck, but I really would appreciate the opportunity to skip at least the earlier stuff.

Or maybe just a single advanced version involving all the fabrication parts? Maybe Mike needs repairs, has the fabrication components and ingredients, but doesn't have any basic conveyor belts to connect them with, which is why he needs your help? He could challenge you to put them together and create a certain component. Once fixed, he leaves the stuff behind in thanks. Maybe with a few cheese lines about how many newbies he's helped over the years, and how unappreciated he was beginning to feel, but how being on the receiving end has renewed his determination to keep looking for more people to tutor :)

14. ZeroGravitas

Interesting point (until you've 'discovered' a block, it's often not sold)... Did you do any "Capture the Base" missions? Early on those bases tend to have a lot of crafting blocks. But maybe unlucky with those too...

Lord Zarnox and layer1 like this.
  15. Hydraesque

Hydraesque Well-Known Member

what we really need tbh is more crafty mike. His dialogue should be at least twice as detailed and he should follow you around really closely. He should also have a heavy mouth breathing sound when he's behind you

Lord Zarnox and ZeroGravitas like this.
  16. Mehve

Mehve Well-Known Member

Can't quite remember, but I'm pretty sure I was hoping for exactly that to occur. I think the issue was that I wasn't even being offered those missions in the first place. Maybe one of the Mike missions unlocks those too? :(

That said, by the time I gave up and got the GSO fab from Mike, I was definitely getting the other faction's stuff as mission rewards. I think I even had a couple of GSO SCU's in my inventory. It was just the GSO fab/refinery/scrapper trio that was effectively being withheld.

Lord Zarnox and ZeroGravitas like this.
  17. Khaine

Khaine Well-Known Member

I think I only started getting "capture the base" missions ALOT later, like after I had maxed out GSO, GC and Hawkeye levels...

Lord Zarnox likes this.
  18. Lost Ninja

Yeah most of the capture base stuff seems to be GSO end game, bit daft really you don't need to capture them then.

AstraTheDragon and Lord Zarnox like this.
  19. ZeroGravitas

I had several early on in my crafting playthrough. Maybe they are gated by early crafty Mike missions...?

20. reaperx1

reaperx1 Crazed Builder

In my most recent playthrough I started to get the capture bases missions as early as GSO grade 2 so they may indeed be linked to the crafty Mike missions and the discovery of the blocks that they give you.

Have a good one [8D)