Crafty Mike Needs To Be Added To Co-op!

I've played a long way through my save, and yet to find the crafty mike mission. I read on reddit that other people also have my issue, and there is really no point in progressing if you can't have crafting, and auto miners I find.

I know that this has been an issue for at least 3 months as that was when a reddit post was made, so not to apply pressure to the devs or anything, but I think we all know we need this feature.

There is almost no point progressing in a save without crafting, not having that ability is very limiting.

Thanks everyone.

Nooboid

Not A Noob
personally I don't think crafting is worth it. It's just not useful enough.

Falchoin

I’ve found crafting useful for making the more expensive blocks which are difficult to get from enemies, like missiles. Set a block on repeat craft then go do a set of missions. Other base components such as scrappers, conveyors, and furnaces (anchored and mobile) are parts I use frequently in my single player campaign. Plus you get access to blocks early though crafting. It’s possible to make blocks one grade level higher than your license.

My preferred way of making money is running missions with a magnet tech and scrapping all the extra blocks I find, a process which is less efficient and PAINFULLY slow in co-op (selling blocks direct to the trading station). The lack of auto-miners also makes it tedious to make BB (or gather rare resources which would be needed for crafting).

Ry5

If you make a ramp type structure or a chute to drop blocks into that will stop them from being flung outside of the trading stations pick up area then you will be able to sell a lot faster.

Ideally though trading stations would have an update to their shape and have type of funnel or bowl type structure added as it is right you can only effectively sell to trading stations that are on flat ground, and that's not great.

I don't know about crafting, but I would really like to get auto miners and refineries into the co-op campaign. The best way to make money is to mass sell blocks from fallen tech (use magnets to get the blocks), I have made good harvesters, but the raw materials sell for very little. To make more you need to not use aoe damage weapons. I was struggling a lot more until I took cruise missiles off, and started using Auto cannons and lasers. Also you can't have a slow tech, you need to be quick and nimble or many blocks will vanish before your magnet can start to pick them up.

Falchoin

I usually put a fixed anchor with a GeoCorp magnet planted inside the sell boundary, so we have similar ideas on corralling blocks to stay inside the tiny selling border. Such setups are faster and less tedious than babysitting block-by-block but still slower and less efficient than a scrapping/selling setup would be.

The swarm missile launchers are also great for dismantling enemies with minimal collateral damage.

Ry5

The magnet works!! that's cool. I could have sworn when I first started up on co-op campaign the magnet would not let go of the blocks for the trade station to pick up and sell... That makes things easier

Which ones are swarm missiles? Venture Cluster Missile Launcher?
They don't do any AOE damage?

Last edited:

Falchoin

Correct, they only damage the block they hit. Good for clearing out weaker enemies when surrounded too since each missile is independently targeting.

Ry5

That is good to know. I thought all missiles had some type of aoe damage. I start using those on my techs for Co-op

If you make a ramp type structure or a chute to drop blocks into that will stop them from being flung outside of the trading stations pick up area then you will be able to sell a lot faster.

Ideally though trading stations would have an update to their shape and have type of funnel or bowl type structure added as it is right you can only effectively sell to trading stations that are on flat ground, and that's not great.

I don't know about crafting, but I would really like to get auto miners and refineries into the co-op campaign. The best way to make money is to mass sell blocks from fallen tech (use magnets to get the blocks), I have made good harvesters, but the raw materials sell for very little. To make more you need to not use aoe damage weapons. I was struggling a lot more until I took cruise missiles off, and started using Auto cannons and lasers. Also you can't have a slow tech, you need to be quick and nimble or many blocks will vanish before your magnet can start to pick them up.
I agree with you on that, it's not crafting mainly it's just base building, and money I think.

Ry5

Yeah, but I can't motivate myself to build a base in the Co-op Campaign... I mean without the crafting and without something to defend against what is the point of the base?
I know I liked to set up a base in the single player Campaign when I found thermal vents so even at night I could charge up my batteries and etc... but we don't have those in Co-op Campaign either.

Speaking of purpose, harvester's serve none when you just have to straight up sell the base materials for 16? bucks a per block or 3-5 mineral blocks for 100+. That is not a great use of time vs the tank treads, and weapons you can get from enemies that sell for 1k+

I am pretty much zeroing in on the best possible (that I can figure anyways) fighter/scavenger type tech (that isn't just a cruise missiles weapons platform) for co-op that has enough shields and power to make it through any mission that the game has to offer, whilst being nimble and fast so that it can pick up the blocks from fallen tech, but none to minimal aoe damage so that I can get the more expensive blocks to sell off.

Once I get that all set up I am coming to the end of things to do in Co-op campaign until more functions are added to Co-op anyways. I am coming up on 2 million bucks and just don't have much else to do.

Falchoin

Did you actually test that, or are you just assuming that?
It has been my experience that missiles will generally target the closest enemy tech when no target is selected, but I have not set up an experiment to test. I can set something up later today.

Falchoin

It seems after some testing I need to revise my statement about cluster missiles, as they tend to go after the closest enemy but not always and they'll ignore targets that are too close which are unable to be hit until said close target is all that's left.

I tested using the attached setup in the R&D chamber. Basically a missilebed surrounded by enemy GeoCorp anchors.
Untitled.jpg

As far as explosion radius on the cluster missiles, they have a 1-block radius. So they'll damage the block hit, plus minor splash to the immediately surrounding blocks. It's fairly easy to see on the targets in R&D mode if you want to see for yourself.

Apologies for the earlier misinformation. Though I still really like using the cluster missiles for picking off weak enemies without destroying too much.

Attachments

Ry5

That is a cool test, it seems like these kinds of missiles would be a good weapon to load up on the sides on some of my tech, but it's been hard to figure out a way to make it look decent.
I wish the venture tech weapons like this didn't contrast so much against the hawkeye blocks I usually use.

Falchoin

Most of my recent techs use Better Future mixed with Hawkeye, so the white and red of most Venture weapons mixes in slightly better.