Crafting in Co-op Campaign

the.nihilist

Semiprofessional Idler
Hey guys!
Just jumping on quickly (it's the holidays over here, so I should be eating my weight in Turkey right now).
Thanks for the feedback so far, it's giving us a good idea of which direction to head.

It's clear that building complex machines and working out the intricacies of the system is a big part of what Crafting means to you. As I mentioned earlier in this thread, it's not likely that we will be able to commit the time and resource into fully implementing this in MP, but i'll look into exactly how unrealistic that is in the New Year - just to make sure.

We have a potential solution for being able to actually Craft blocks in MP (i.e...simply turning resources into blocks) that will be simple to implement. But yeah, more info in the New Year once we've had some time to look into it.
Would it be possible that the new code base is used in single player later (in the means of being a new refactored foundation for the more complex system)? Maybe this is a chance to start on rewriting the code and step by step get the crafting system rebuild?

I think a good start would make a Scrapper and then slowly Fabricators, Conveyors etc. could be added back in. This approach would give all those people hope that only see a horribly broken crafting system at the moment. :cool:

D3matt

This is a bit of an old thread but I have to echo what others have said, the crafting system is a large part of why I enjoy the game and not having it in co-op makes it feel very empty. I like the base building and logistics aspect, being able to design a process and feed it resources. It's like a mix between Factorio and Robocraft. Without the crafting it's just not the same.

Amtheminer

It would be better to iron out all the current bugs and glitches related to crafting in singleplayer first before adding it to multiplayer as to made it easier and less troublesome to fix any bugs or glitches that might arise after introducing crafting into multiplayer/co-op.