Crafting Exotic parts and possible fix

Website
www.youtube.com
So when crafting exotic components you are unable to automatically have exotic components such as seed ai's que their parts or themselves when needed without having a refinery upstream. Unsure whether or not it would work but Maybe checking what the component fabricator is actually checking for and making the exotic dongle match the requirement could fix the issue. to replicate the bug try crafting a hawkeye railgun without a refinery on the chain but all necessary factorys and resources.

Website
www.youtube.com
Yes, it's a long known bug.:) See my guide for a (probably) complete list: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1191458767
I am aware its a long known bug, and i love your tutorial its very useful ive actually been using a design similar to your compaact crafter to manufacture the dreadnought currently in the workshop. my thought was that if tis checking for a refinery then maybe the exotic dongle should register as a refinery. most setups only experience this bug when using pre-refined resources and in the case that it requests resources to be refined then you simply have to be aware. alternatively make the exotic factory have the ability to refine its own resources to bypass the bug.

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
ive actually been using a design similar to your compaact crafter to manufacture the dreadnought currently in the workshop.
Oh cool, so you are "Ancient Evil"? :)

Yeah, the main problem with any crafting bugs is that the devs don't have any time allocated to re-open that can of worms. Other more immediate priorities for the last couple years. Maybe one magical day, sometime after full MP campaign release, or something. Fingers crossed.

Website
www.youtube.com
Oh cool, so you are "Ancient Evil"? :)
Oh? im not sure im using the one you made using the single stack silos and dedicated scrappers. Is that ancient evil or is ancient evil a better design?

EDIT: Im dumb you meant the steam user. im using a crafting base like yours, although i couldnt find yours on the workshop, to manufacture the Dreadnought airship thingy in hte workshop made by Envoy, not the Hornet Factory Mothership by Ancient evil. and no, im not Ancient evil, my current user name as of right now is xX_TacocaT_Xx.
Link to what im building: https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=1824283137

Its slow bit it has decent combat power as it defeated like 12 of my Aurora Combat Cruisers

Last edited:

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
m dumb you meant the steam user.
Oh, apologies xX_TacocaT_Xx! Hey.:) I misread your post above, thinking you mean a different tech on the workshop front page, up there at the time as yours... And also that the tech was originally made by you... Oops, bad reading day for me, clearly!

That *dreadnought* is impressively big, eh? So have you spawned it in campaign, crafting the blocks needed on my little Perhonen base??! A lot of fabricating time...:eek: Or do you mean my bigger Godzilla base? That still has an old bug that I fixed but am yet to publish the updated version (in line with a proper video)...

Website
www.youtube.com
Oh, apologies xX_TacocaT_Xx! Hey.:) I misread your post above, thinking you mean a different tech on the workshop front page, up there at the time as yours... And also that the tech was originally made by you... Oops, bad reading day for me, clearly!

That *dreadnought* is impressively big, eh? So have you spawned it in campaign, crafting the blocks needed on my little Perhonen base??! A lot of fabricating time...:eek: Or do you mean my bigger Godzilla base? That still has an old bug that I fixed but am yet to publish the updated version (in line with a proper video)...
I’ve yet to have had the time to complete fabrication, although some more hefty things like certain weapons and the hundreds of standard blocks have been partially purchased at a terminal. I’m using two Perhonen bases at the moment but I’m looking into something better

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
Website
www.youtube.com