Conveyor Turntables.

Do you agree that conveyor turntables is a good idea?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Mindlessmrawesome

Jul 1, 2016
So today I was tweaking the internals of my Cuboidal Base in the TT_unstable R&D, and I noticed 3 things:

Sometimes Seed AIs aren't treated as a component chunk and will bypass random filters they go by.

The Hawkeye scrapper doesn't make it's dispensed chunks do the whole NoClip thing where they can traverse through other solid parts of an anchored Tech.

And then I noticed one last thing... I couldn't get my excess resource chunks to sell. I had a system where they would be pulled out of the conveyor line leading to the delivery cannons and put into the part where the component factories were so they wouldn't be sold before the components could be used. The only problem to this system is that if I have to many components and they'd fill up their silo, then they would be running around the cycle in an endless loop.
Which does indeed happen.

I uploaded an image of my base and the problem on pastebin here: https://imagebin.ca/v/3hlGXpPcIIbI

I know that I can fix the problem using silos, but then I run into the issue of the only silos that would work would be very hard to fit. The fully functional Cuboidal Base I am working with is extremely compact, and is hard enough to fit into a 10x10x14 cube with adequate storage already, I don't need some weird system using a silo to make it even more complicated (or not even work).

So this is what I am here to suggest: conveyor turntables. These turntables look like the Alternating Conveyors, except with a more circular design. The turntables will receive a resource chunk, and then determine which branching off conveyor line has the highest priority for the chunk. As it stands right now, if I run a needed resource chunk or component by a delivery cannon, the delivery cannon will suck it right up without checking the priority of the chunk at all. If you add in a conveyor turntable that can send the correct chunk down the correct path, you can have setups like mine where you have the crafting and refining process completely separate from the selling process.

Thanks, devs!

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Jun 29, 2017
UK
www.youtube.com
The turntables will receive a resource chunk, and then determine which branching off conveyor line has the highest priority for the chunk.
So an Alternator Conveyor with an automatic mode that's controlled by conveyor calls from Fabricators/Component Factories? So a single conveyor supply line can feed multiple Fabricators lines? (At least, that's one thing I intend to suggest should be added to crafting before 1.0.)

The duplicate thread has more views than the original.
Are you saying that this exact idea has been posted here already? Could you it for us please...? Oh, a little clone thread. Now deleted, as requested there.

Sometimes Seed AIs aren't treated as a component chunk and will bypass random filters they go by.
Filter Conveyors will only pick up 2 out of 3 consecutive components from a Conveyor (if they are feeding them to another conveyor). Could you have been seeing this well known bug? See my crafting guide (linked in signature).

Also, that junction where either a Filter and Alternator can grab a Chunk: which ever was attached to the tech first will take precedence, I believe (if either route is logically allowed).