Control Blocks (Pistons, Swivels, MTMags, etc)

Soviet_Samuelson

On the path to becoming a grand-master idiot
Website
forum.terratechgame.com
The Super Accurate Layer Tearer Tank
Has a custom cannon which takes out Hawkeye shields in one custom cannon shot (5x the BS Cannon damage) and tears apart heavy enemy armor in seconds.
View attachment 25445
Do not press Left or Right Arrow Keys as the tank will turn into a horrifying monster upon doing so.
how do it do that

Mindl3ss

Mindless Dominion Fleet Admiral
Okay, Soviet, Your swivels were just slightly overloaded. If you scroll down a little in your swivel control menu, you will see a swivel burden measurement. GSO medium swivels overload at 196 units of mass. to fix this, i removed the Geo corner blocks from the inside front corners of the turrets. you can barely see them anyways, and in the end it clips other parts less. I also took the liberty to add a set of lifting struts, though they would work better without the hovers. I'll let you fiddle with it. 1 extends the struts and 2 lowers the feet.
Currant Tank MkII.png

Soviet_Samuelson

Website
forum.terratechgame.com
Okay, Soviet, Your swivels were just slightly overloaded. If you scroll down a little in your swivel control menu, you will see a swivel burden measurement. GSO medium swivels overload at 196 units of mass. to fix this, i removed the Geo corner blocks from the inside front corners of the turrets. you can barely see them anyways, and in the end it clips other parts less. I also took the liberty to add a set of lifting struts, though they would work better without the hovers. I'll let you fiddle with it. 1 extends the struts and 2 lowers the feet.
View attachment 25532
aight, will play round with it. didn't know there was more to the menu, thanks

Mindl3ss

It displays the Mass shifting off center of mass when the piston or swivel is activated, extreamly useful for calculating the ballence of variable geometry aircraft and watercraft. i think it's a little less prevalent on tanks and the like as they tend to be very stable by nature, even with mass being shifted around on their turrets or chassis.

Soviet_Samuelson

Website
forum.terratechgame.com
View attachment 25532
thanks for those struts, but i cant have them as this is gonna be my campaign tech :)

Mindl3ss

um...? not sure why not... Pistons are just as available as Swivels... but that's your call. All i did was give you the recipe. use it how you like.

And seeing as how you're actively playing around with them, Have some fun with these other in development concepts (Not all of them work well yet. working on it. you might find some fixes too.)
Rotary Cannons (They're kinda glitchy. you've been warned)
HEArcLite AutoCannon.png

Swing and folding wing designs along with pivoting flight and outboard prop engines, and Hydrofoils as well as some variable geometry and retractable weapons. (These work)
MSX BFHydra Mk III.png
Thats the Hydra. you all know it. operates entirely out of flight mode.
Controls:
1- Keel
2- Hydrofoil
3- Dorsal fin
4- Outboard Prop
5- Nose Missiles
0- tail
Arrow Left- Outriggers
Arrow Right- Landing Pontoons
Arrow Up and Down- Main Flight Swing Wing
NumPad 1 and 3- Bow Planes
Note: Flip upside down to submerge (Flight Controls reverse)
Play around with all the different geometries for a bunch of different vehicular configurations.
Also Water Mod is necessary as it's an air/Water/Submersable. No land mode.

And if you want something to fiddle around with the 'Local to Tech' feature, The Needle Interceptor should be a great testbed.
Variable GeometryMOD.png
Controls 1-6, play around with them for all kinds of slight differences in flight. also an absolute blast to pilot in first person.

The last two are old models, iv posted them before, but they ought to be good framework for expirimentation.

Soviet_Samuelson

Website
forum.terratechgame.com
So i just finished up my easily best tech to date, its called the Currant Tank. also, @Mindl3ss helped me with it, as you probably already saw. Currant Tank.png
It has those smexy gso swivels to make it far superior to any vanilla tank its size. it features super-turning wheels, 2 swiveled berthas, 2 swiveled plasma cutters, and turning jets at the back. also laser spam. best of all, it features only gso and geo, so this is a preety early tank compared to most others of it's size.

Soviet_Samuelson

Website
forum.terratechgame.com
um...? not sure why not... Pistons are just as available as Swivels... but that's your call. All i did was give you the recipe. use it how you like.

And seeing as how you're actively playing around with them, Have some fun with these other in development concepts (Not all of them work well yet. working on it. you might find some fixes too.)
View attachment 25533

Swing and folding wing designs along with pivoting flight and outboard prop engines, and Hydrofoils as well as some variable geometry and retractable weapons. (These work)
View attachment 25534
Controls:
1- Keel
2- Hydrofoil
3- Dorsal fin
4- Outboard Prop
5- Nose Missiles
0- tail
Arrow Left- Outriggers
Play around with all the different geometries for a bunch of different vehicular configurations.

And if you want something to fiddle around with the 'Local to Tech' feature, The Needle Interceptor should be a great testbed.
View attachment 25536
Controls 1-6, play around with them for all kinds of slight differences in flight. also an absolute blast to pilot in first person.

The last two are old models, iv posted them before, but they ought to be good framework for expirimentation.
oh, the things had BF block in them

Mindl3ss

Yeah, just noticed that. they could easilly be replaced with struts, they were just my go too block for spacers.

As a further design note, You could put an observatory on a swivel as well and set it to target aim and you could first person into the tank turret. conversely, set all 3 to positional to manually aim the cannons from FP veiw. food for thought

Soviet_Samuelson

Website
forum.terratechgame.com

View attachment 25533

View attachment 25534
Controls:
1- Keel
2- Hydrofoil
3- Dorsal fin
4- Outboard Prop
5- Nose Missiles
0- tail
Arrow Left- Outriggers

View attachment 25536

ok, but what difference does checking the local to tech thing even make? (great techs btw)

WhitePaw2002

Modding Husky
Website
github.com
Why are my notifications broken
Local to tech means that you can only control the piston or swivel while you have control of the tech it is on. If that property is turned off, you can control it as long as it is loaded in game. For example, an opening gate to a fortress wall, or local multiplayer.

Soviet_Samuelson

Website
forum.terratechgame.com
Yeah, just noticed that. they could easilly be replaced with struts, they were just my go too block for spacers.

As a further design note, You could put an observatory on a swivel as well and set it to target aim and you could first person into the tank turret. conversely, set all 3 to positional to manually aim the cannons from FP veiw. food for thought
i like this idea, but its more suited for multiplayer, as i do not have 3 hands

Soviet_Samuelson

Website
forum.terratechgame.com
Why are my notifications broken
Local to tech means that you can only control the piston or swivel while you have control of the tech it is on. If that property is turned off, you can control it as long as it is loaded in game. For example, an opening gate to a fortress wall, or local multiplayer.
ok, good to know. possibly too good >:^)