Control Blocks (Pistons, etc)

Seth_Seth

Confused Leader
Website
sites.google.com
Good, you know, im glad you brought this up. I want you to take a good hard look at the Date Joined entry in your user profile. Then look at mine. You sir have in fact stolen MY username. Now I didn't really care before, but since you decided to be smart about it. you can go ahead an change yours and stop copying mine now.

Thank you very much, "Mindless"

and really wrong time and place to bring it up if your concern was legitimate to begin with. that belongs in a PM, not in the middle of a conversation about working on and improving a MOD. But hey, i have no problem doling out public embarrisment to people who arent smart enough to get their facts in order before leveling unfounded public accusations. Hey, dont bark and i wont bite.
Why are we complaining about usernames?
tbh I don't mind having two Mindlesses (probably screwed that up but i meant plural)

Mindl3ss

Mindless Dominion Fleet Admiral
SV 'Daegon's Wrath', Aquia Harbour Virginia
Website
th3kaijuwars.freeforums.net
we arent, he is. i could have care less about sharing a word in common. i care about being acused of theft when i chose it first. the hipocracy bothers me. you know what bothers me more? weight limitations on Pistons. so lets get back to that. dude put his foot in his mouth and i pointed it out. Moving on. lets transition back to topic.

Comrade Commie

we arent, he is. i could have care less about sharing a word in common. i care about being acused of theft when i chose it first. the hipocracy bothers me. you know what bothers me more? weight limitations on Pistons. so lets get back to that. dude put his foot in his mouth and i pointed it out. Moving on. lets transition back to topic.
i think it was a joke

Mindl3ss

Website
i think it was too. but, the fact is this is about pistons, not about my or his username. I have been after pistons for years and i will not allow this process to get derailed like this. Shut it down. stop adding to it. get back to the topic. PLEASE.

AstraTheDragon

A dapper dragon
Website
steamcommunity.com
we arent, You know what bothers me more? weight limitations on Pistons. so lets get back to that.
WhitePaw recently pushed an unmarked update for the control blocks mod that bumps up the carry capacity of all pistons by x1.5, hopefully that'll satisfy that.

Mindl3ss

Website
Holy... you have no idea what you have just done.

By the way, i have to comment, these Swivels work exceptionally well and smoothly for their initial presention. well done.

Iv got a treat for you all in a bit when i finish polishing it maybe look for it by noon est tomarrow. (5 pm London)

Mindl3ss

Website
Ok, Bugs. Im having a recurring bug where when i reset the Swivels to Steering i glitch out of the world in any game mode. its weird because i played all day yesterday without a hitch. went in this morning to finish up my... well, no spoilers... tech that i was working on, and now i cant use it because i cant reset the Swivels without crashing the game. Also, Swivels dont remember their settings consistantly. I find they remember their set angles most of the time, but forget which mode they are set to and always spawn in at speed zero so nothing works without resetting the speed on all of them. also i made a pivoting swing wing design and the Aircraft did this really weird twitchy thing in the air, like it's going through turbulance. turned ok, just had a problem with strait line tracking. not sure if thats a bug or if its an err in my design. i'll keep testing.

Update: the trigger for the crash is setting a Swivel with speed set to zero to Steering.

Last edited:

Mindl3ss

Website
doing so now. will resume trying to break things momentarily.

Okay in the meantime, i'm still running into the problem with walkers not working because everything just shifts around the mass of your tech. it's like traction gets ignored for moving peices, but is payed attention too as soon as those individual peices are activated, like wheels. if i build a bug with wheels as claws, it will roll just fine, paying attention to where wheels are in their current position, whatever that may be. but, as soon as you stop rolling the wheels just slide around like you're scrambling on ice. is there any way to fix or get around this? i have tried and tried to find a work around, but i cant finish my epic project until i can get around this one hurdle.

Legionite

Wants to play modded Campaign MP
Website
forum.terratechgame.com
Meet SwagTech
A TerraTech Single-Tech walker based on AstraTheDragon's awesome attempt at a walker

20181217235752_1.jpg
Ready to "walk" the day!

20181218000641_1.jpg
Walk and turn with A&D.
Hold both and release to "jump".
Q&E for punching and steering when in hover speeder mode (hold K).
L to move drills back.
G to "clap".
F to shrug.
Hold S while walking to perform "running man"

SwagTech30.png

Last edited:

Soviet_Samuelson

Tax collector (who lives in a box)
Website
forum.terratechgame.com

Legionite

Wants to play modded Campaign MP
Website
forum.terratechgame.com
The Super Accurate Layer Tearer Tank
Has a custom cannon which takes out Hawkeye shields in one custom cannon shot (5x the BS Cannon damage) and tears apart heavy enemy armor in seconds.
SALT Tank.png
Do not press Left or Right Arrow Keys as the tank will turn into a horrifying monster upon doing so.