Control blocks give modifiers

ifnotthe2nd

May 29, 2018
There is no reason right now to use any other cab besides the GSO one you start with. It has the most attach points and is only 1 x 1 x 1. However if the other cabs gave a modifier it would encourage players to work around the problems associated with the other cabs. Here's a list of some suggested modifiers to encourage the use of the other cabs.

GSO - Default no modifiers
GeoCorp - Slows your tech but repairs it faster
Venture - Speeds your tech but increases power consumption
Hawkeye - Decreases your techs collection radius but increases shield strength
Scrapper - Increases your techs armor but decreases power generation
Research - Increases your techs damage but reduces armor
Legion - Increases amount of AI cabs you can have out at one time (would require the establishment of a limit on AI cabs) but slows repairs
Future - Increases sells and weakens shields

Last edited:

Soviet_Samuelson

On the path to becoming a grand-master idiot
Feb 9, 2018
My box
forum.terratechgame.com
well, the geocorp and hawkeye ones are the strongest, venture is the lightest, and gso has pew-pew lazers on it. i usually put a hawkeye/geo cab in the middle of a tech and that gives me plenty of armor.

The problem with these suggestions is that many cabs can be on the same tech.

Soviet_Samuelson

On the path to becoming a grand-master idiot
Feb 9, 2018
My box
forum.terratechgame.com
well, the geocorp and hawkeye ones are the strongest, venture is the lightest, and gso has pew-pew lazers on it. i usually put a hawkeye/geo cab in the middle of a tech and that gives me plenty of armor.

The problem with these suggestions is that many cabs can be on the same tech.
if your suggesting that only one cab should be allowed pre tech, this would be detrimental to many multitechs. (if you don't know what those are, click this link, My combination carrier comes from Chinese players)

Epb7304

Researching Reticules
Nov 24, 2017
There is no reason right now to use any other cab besides the GSO one you start with. It has the most attach points and is only 1 x 1 x 1. However if the other cabs gave a modifier it would encourage players to work around the problems associated with the other cabs. Here's a list of some suggested modifiers to encourage the use of the other cabs.

GSO - Default no modifiers
GeoCorp - Slows your tech but repairs it faster
Venture - Speeds your tech but increases power consumption
Hawkeye - Decreases your techs collection radius but increases shield strength
Scrapper - Increases your techs armor but decreases power generation
Research - Increases your techs damage but reduces armor
Legion - Increases amount of AI cabs you can have out at one time (would require the establishment of a limit on AI cabs) but slows repairs
Future - Increases sells and weakens shields
the only thing is that you can use multiple cabs at the same time in the same craft, what then?

ifnotthe2nd

May 29, 2018
the only thing is that you can use multiple cabs at the same time in the same craft, what then?
you would choose one to be your "main" cab and until it left or was destroyed that's the one you would get the buffs/debuffs from