Constructive criticism.

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by Nightblade Greyswandir, Sep 10, 2018.

1. Nightblade Greyswandir

Nightblade Greyswandir Nothing is good enough!

sooo.
    1600 hours after...
    it is like i worked for Payload for almost full year. And I saw huge steps forward... in all direction at once... Which doesn't have to be bad at all... Just... few small things that will make HUGE Impact... @Matt can you forward this to other team members please :)

1. I just talk to one too many streamers who complains that helicopters are not possible to build... I told him about hoverBUG but he said he know and he will not use BUGs in his design to prevent tech from be ruined once devs repair that BUG. So if it is not big fuss can you make hover-BLOCK as functional replacement for hoverBUG so players stop running from possibilities just because of unconventional solutions and naming of them??? People really skip helicopters because of this.

2. as you noticed i love to make planes.... and it is bit annoying for me (as partial airspace engineer) when people mix propeller and jet engines on same tech.. but fact is that people DO MIX them and that makes planes that fly in very annoying and stupid ways. Can you please finally separate Jets to CTRL and props to SHIFT.

3. There is HUGE bug hidden in the open... that is how difficult is to drive around in medium and big techs. Just because trees and rocks are toooooo small and stuck in to wheels or weapons can't destroy them in front of the tech. Anyway i think that we can separate this in to three smaller issues, first is GC weapons (machines) inefficiency, second is tree and rocks size, and third is existence of rock leftovers after destroying them.
    • GC machines are too hard to use in original game context and that is chopping trees and clearing rocks and crystals. GC machines have to be more area oriented so the destroy all that is in front of tech without need to pixel-hunt crystal or rocks with sharp point of plasma weapon.... So just increase volume where weapon is active and it will do the trick, customize area for each machine so when you drive around you can not stuck tree between weapons.
    • Trees and rocks are too small. they fit only starting tech (first hour of gameplay) and they are overgrown too fast and then they are just like annoying bushes and pebbles. Increase size at least three times and test it, it will be much more fun and you will happily implement it in to game. This way you will partially solve first issue as there will be no possibility that plasma cutter that is one block from ground can miss annoying rock!!!
    • remove rock rubble from ground completely, it is annoying, have no purpouse, beside to make people pissed off on game, and there is no, not even remote, logical point of having it in game. It RUIN!!! the gameplay when your 15x15x25 size tech stuck on rock rubble. I will not even tell how frustrating it is for smaller techs to get stranded in middle of nice ride or even worse battle.
    Thank you.

2. Sea_Kerman

Sea_Kerman Well-Known Member

Getting stuck on the rubble sounds like a ground clearance issue. What I do like is that for the most part, when your tech is big enough to make maneuvering around trees inconvenient, it is also big enough to plow right through them.

3. Sokolov

Sokolov Well-Known Member

This would go for the wheels but threads? This is not a ground clearance issue but a nasty collusion model, that the wheels can not overcome. And threads are also counted as wheels in code, IF I am not mistaken.

AstraTheDragon and harpo99999 like this.
  4. harpo99999

harpo99999 ah kick till it starts

I do NOT like the rock rubble, and from memory I was even commenting against it after it's introduction, and they jam any wheel that is 1 high (plus the crusher geocorps as well), the only gso wheels that can escape from the rocks are the high wheel, bumper and the other recent large gso wheel

5. Lost Ninja

Lost Ninja Well-Known Member

I'm on around 3k through steam and probably another 2k not through steam...
    1. Why does it annoy you when someone else cannot play the game correctly? Let them play the way they want, you play the way you want. Everyone is happy then.
    2. Don't see what the issue is helicopters have rotors and jet turbines/engines IRL, even if that wasn't true the game isn't reality and again you're trying to tell people how to play the game. If you don't like having props and jets on the same tech don't have them, personally I don't like flying techs so I don't build them very often... but I'm not suggesting that flying stuff is removed to fit in with my own ideals... As for different key-binds we've been told it's coming... just not when.
    3. Only issue I have in this area is how easy it is to knock supposedly tough components off techs when running into things. Huge metal drill thing designed to break rocks being knocked off on a tree? Don't think so.Small wheels do struggle but all of the smaller GSO wheels struggle with going up hills too... should we remove slopes? The venture smaller wheels don't have as much issue. But I reckon it should be a buff to GSO small wheels. I don't have any issue with the rubble with any other wheels.
      • I don't find that at all, in fact I find that GC is the best at harvesting. Plasma Drills are the best of the tools (with the triple bore 2nd best), I just wish that I could bind them separately to my weapons. I'd also love if they could bring back the original diamond spike/drill, because it looked great, current one is very meh.
      • Making them bigger would make it harder to move around though... so which is it that you want?
      • Rubble is there for looks and apart for the first half hour of campaign not something that should really bother anyone. I'd suggest if your 15x15x25 tech is stuck on the rubble you need to improve your ground clearance or reduce the weight (decrease ground pressure with more wheels) or add discrete hover plates to counteract some of the weight. It's not exactly hard to learn to build techs that don't get stuck on rubble and I find that I'm more likely to get stuck on awkwardly shaped ground than rubble in any tech I have ever built.

6. -=ROOSTER=-

-=ROOSTER=- Well-Known Member

For me, I only have one problem relating to any of this, and that is anchors. You build a tech with proper ground clearance, and then place an anchor on it and you're back to 1 block of ground clearance. You would think that an anchor as big as the Geocorp ones would have a 3 or 4 range since the others are proportional to their size.

n2galactic likes this.
  7. Lost Ninja

Lost Ninja Well-Known Member

I find that the HE anchors have a much greater anchoring distance than any of the others. Generally enough to grant good clearance and anchor (when on mostly flat ground).

8. {insert_name_here}

{insert_name_here} [REDACTED]

The anchoring distance is still really small. If you want to make a tech with large wheels in it, even the Hawkeye anchor is too short right now.