[Console] planes are broken

Discussion in 'Community Help, Questions and Guides' started by toadzilla, Aug 12, 2018.

1. toadzilla

toadzilla New Member

when i built a flier on xbox the propeller only spun while the wheels are on the ground

2. ZeroGravitas

ZeroGravitas Breaker of Games

This is standard on PC too - we have to hold [Shift] to spin propellers or fire thrusters while in the air. And forwards [W] changes to pitch down. It transitions once all wheels leave the ground.

I don't know what that will translate to on an XBox controller (as PC controller is no yet fully supported). Please have a try (or look at the settings?) and let us know what works, please.:)

I've added "[XBox]" to the thread title.

3. Heketea

Heketea Well-Known Member

XBONE
    Left Trigger will spin the props, however, the speed climb is crazy fast.
    Then I figured out milking or tapping the left stick will move you forward with occasional LS taps.
    The turning is more irritating. and only tapping right stick to turn is tricky.
    Took me 30 mins to finally get through the quest and course after many crashes and corkscrewing.

AstraTheDragon and ZeroGravitas like this.
  4. ZeroGravitas

ZeroGravitas Breaker of Games

To be sure we're all on the same page about what's what. From this XBox support page:

Top:
    [​IMG]

Underneath:
    [​IMG]

Is the left trigger analogue capable? (I've no clue.) Because the game doesn't have throttle control, it's just on/off (on PC anyway).
    Mooo...?
    The left stick would be pitch (down up) and roll (left right) while in plane mode then?

5. Heketea

Heketea Well-Known Member

It was not World of Warplanes... :p
    I will try again on a plane tonight, the right stick was very sensitive and was definitely doing the roll.
    Left stick would delay when moved, but would ramp up real fast. In the end most of my flying was gliding with small bumps of LT thrust.
    Not a fan of the flight mechanic at the moment frankly. Will give it another go.

6. Zed

Zed Well-Known Member

For those having difficulty flying in terratech please try the venture glider's design which should be easily reproducible and is quite forgiving with the presently - available flight controls. The tail wing overhangs and has a venture radar attached to it for balance. As stated in the Steam workshop to take off with the venture glider press forward and thrust.

Venture Glider mk3a.png

ZeroGravitas likes this.